Jesus and history
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Main article: Jesus
- Historicity of Jesus discusses the existence of Jesus as a historical figure.
- Historical Jesus discusses the reconstruction of portraits of Jesus' life and teachings using historical methods.
- Chronology of Jesus discusses the estimation of the chronology of the major events of Jesus' life.
- Quest for the historical Jesus describes the methods and techniques used by academics to study the life of Jesus.
- Cultural and historical background of Jesus discusses some of the cultural influences that form the backdrop of Jesus' life in 1st century Judae
- Historical reliability of the Gospels discusses the historical validity of the canonical gospels.
- Jesus myth theory discusses the theory that Jesus was a fictional or mythological character invented by early Christians.
- The Bible and history discusses the historicity of the entire Bible.
- Jesus Christ in comparative mythology compares the narrative of the life of Jesus from the Christian gospels with other religions
- Josephus on Jesus discusses the references by 1st-century Jewish historian Josephus to Jesus in his Antiquities of the Jews
- Tacitus on Christ discusses the reference by Tacitus in Book 15 of his Annals to Christians and the execution of their leader by Pontius Pilate
- Criticism of Jesus discusses criticisms of Jesus that have been raised by various scholars and writers.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.