(as Jett8 Airlines Cargo)
|Hubs||Singapore Changi Airport|
|Key people||Tan H K Louis (Chairman and CEO)|
Jett8 Airlines Pte Ltd (Simplified: 捷达航空货运, Traditional: 捷達航空貨運, Pinyin: Jiédá Hángkōng Huòyùn) was a cargo airline based in Singapore which was incorporated on 8 March 2005. It was a privately owned airline with strategic alliance partnerships with Nippon Cargo Airlines and NYK Line. It flew its first commercial flight on June 23, 2007, from Singapore to Hong Kong, and currently flies scheduled routes to Hong Kong, Dubai and Amsterdam.
Jett8 Airlines did not get its air operator's certificate (AOC) renewed by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore when it expired on 31 May 2011 and has ceased operations. However, Jett8 managed to secure an AOC in August 2011, allowing it to continue to operate chartered flights for one more year.
Its AOC was finally revoked by CAAS on 1 August 2012. See Page 2 of The Leading Edge, a publication by CAAS.
By Spring 2007, Jett8 was expected to obtain from the Government of Singapore an air-operator's certificate and the air-traffic rights required to operate the company's scheduled international network. The airline, headed by Louis Tan, a former Singapore Airlines pilot, was targeting the cargo-charter market, to avoid head-on competition with Singapore Airlines Cargo and other scheduled cargo airlines. On May 31, 2007, Jett8 took delivery of its first aircraft, a Boeing 747-200SF previously operated by Nippon Cargo Airlines.
Jett8 Airlines was previously known as Jett8 Airlines Cargo when it was incorporated in 2005. However, on 1 April 2010, the company was renamed Jett8 Airlines.
Jett8 served the following (as of December 2012):
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
As of December 2012, the List of Aircraft on Singapore Register shows no aircraft belonging to Jett8 Airlines as it's AOC had been revoked.
- "Contact Us." Jett8 Airlines. Retrieved on 30 August 2012. "Singapore (Head Office) Jett8 Airlines Pte Ltd 20 Changi North Crescent #03-00 Singapore 499613 "
- "Air Cargo News :: Latest Air Cargo News". Air Cargo News. Retrieved 2012-09-016.
- "Jett8 Airlines Secure Aviation Certificate; Seek Finance". Jett8airlines.com. Retrieved 2012-09-016.
- "NYK Signs Heads of Agreement with Jett8 Airlines Cargo". NYK Line News Releases. 13 February 2007. Retrieved 2 June 2007.
- "Jett8 schedule 15 November 2010 - 26 March 2011". Jett8airlines.com. Retrieved 2012-09-16.