|• Total||4.25 km2 (1.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||393 m (1,289 ft)|
|• Density||4,511.53/km2 (11,684.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jewargi Taluk borders Afzalpur Taluk of Gulbarga district and Gulbarga Taluk of Gulbarga district to the north, Chitapur Taluk of Gulbarga district to the east, Shahpur Taluk of Yadgir district to the south-east, Shorapur Taluk of Yadgir district to the south and Sindgi Taluk of Bijapur district to the west.
The Bhima river flows near Jevargi.
Temperature: local Jewargi temperature in the summer of 2010 was the highest of 46 °C.
As of the 2001 India census, Jewargi had a population of 19,174. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Jewargi has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 43%. In Jewargi, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places to see
- IJERI in Jewargi Taluka is the Famous Astana Hazrath Khaja Ameenuddin Ala Sallis RH Darga FOR Urs shariff Jatra of bull for 1 weak former can purchase ans sold as per their require
- Aralgundagi in Jewargi Taluk is the birthplace of Lord Sharanabasaveshwara and is famous for the Rathotsava (Chariot festival) held there on march month.(SHRIGIRI)
- Kadkol in Jewargi Taluk is the birthplace of Lord Madiwaleshwar and is famous for the Rathotsava (Chariot festival) held there on November month.(SHRIGIRI)
- Jewargi has lots of Jain temples and is an important pilgrimage centre for Jains.
- Kolkur a village on the banks of river Bhima is 10 km from Jewargi. Sidda Basaweshwara Temple in this village is famous for its Ugadi celebrations.
- Jewagi is the birthplace of maha sharana shanmukha shivayogi who was vachanakara in the 16th century
- In jevargi the mahalaxmi god jatra festival is famous
- Hangaraga (K) Near by yadrami there famous temple of Sri Basaveshwar
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Jewargi
- The area of major towns in Karnataka has been mentioned in the webpage Population of Corporation/CMC/TMC/TP belonging to the Municipal Administration Department of the Government of Karnataka
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
kummana sirasagi: is the best place for looking much gods of siddarameshwar,shasranabasava ,lal saheb,mahiboobsubani,hanuman,shambavi