From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jewfish is a term that has been used for a number of species of fish, including:
- Epinephelus itajara, the Goliath grouper
- Argyrosomus japonicus, was traditionally known as the mulloway jewfish in eastern Australia, but has been abbreviated to mullowat to avoid confusion with the dhufish.
- Tandanus tandanus, known as the eel-tailed catfish, a fresh-water fish native to the Murray–Darling basin in eastern Australia.
- Glaucosoma hebraicum, now officially known as the West Australian dhufish, was known as jewfish in Western Australia, which led to confusion with the Mulloway.
Jewfish is also the name of a place:
- Jewfish, Florida, an unincorporated community in Monroe County, Florida
- Jewfish Point, a cape in California
- "Australian Fish Names". Western Australian Fishing Industry Council inc. WAFIC. 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jewfish.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.