Rohr Jewish Learning Institute
|Rohr Jewish Learning Institute|
|822 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn
New York City, New York, 11213
|Motto||"Real Learning for Real Life"|
|Religious affiliation(s)||The Adult Educational Arm of the Chabad Lubavitch Movement|
|Chairman||Rabbi Moshe Kotlarsky|
|Director||Rabbi Efraim Mintz|
|Principal Benefactor||Mr. George Rohr|
|Campuses||Over 100 universities and 900 community learning centers around the world|
|Affiliation||Merkos L’Inyonei Chinuch|
The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute (JLI) is a provider of adult Jewish courses on Jewish history, law, ethics, philosophy and rabbinical literature. It also develops Jewish studies curricula for women, college students, teenagers, and seniors. In 2014, there were 117,500 people enrolled in JLI, making it the largest Jewish education network in the world. It was formed on the mission to make the teachings, values and traditions of the Jewish people accessible and personally meaningful to Jews, regardless of their background or affiliation. The JLI model combines a research-based approach with instructional design, aiming to present traditional Jewish teachings in a contemporary academic framework. Its headquarters are located in the Crown Heights area at Brooklyn, New York City.
- 1 Mission and educational philosophy
- 2 Courses
- 3 Departments
- 4 Kohelet Foundation Partnership
- 5 History
- 6 Instructor training
- 7 Leadership
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Mission and educational philosophy
JLI’s mission is to inspire Jewish learning worldwide and to impact Jewish life and the community through Torah study, creating a global network of informed students connected by bonds of shared Jewish experience. JLI courses address students' multiple intelligences and diverse learning modalities, fostering personal and interpersonal growth by imparting Jewish values. Drawing on research-based instructional design, JLI’s courses on Judaism are designed to be relevant to the modern adult. Their instructors offer lectures by textbooks, slide show presentations and video clips.
A network of JLI's affiliated local chapters offers courses to the Jewish communities. JLI’s flagship courses consist of six weekly sessions and each class unit is taught concurrently at all of its locations.
General topics include:
- The Art of Parenting
- Marriage 
- Psychology and Personal Growth 
- Medical Ethics 
- Business Ethics 
- Personal Ethics 
- Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism
- Jewish Law
- Talmud Studies 
- Jewish Philosophy, Belief, and Practice
- Tanakh (Biblical studies) 
- Shabbat 
- Israel 
- Jewish History and Jewish Culture 
- The Holocaust
- Paradigm Shift: Transformational Life Teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe 
- To be a Jew in the Free World 
Some JLI courses have been accredited by the ACCME for Continuing Medical Education credits. Others are accredited to offer Continuing Legal Education credits by the bar associations of 31 states, in various Canadian provinces, Australia, the UK as well as The Order of Flemish Bar Associations, and South Africa’s National Board of Licenses.
The Torah Studies department develops weekly classes taught year-round on Torah portions corresponding to those read in synagogues each Sabbath. Geared towards students seeking on-going Torah study, lessons focus on relevant life issues such as personal growth, business ethics, social responsibilities, personal relationships and the environment.
JLI Teens courses make Judaism relevant to teens and aim to forge a new generation of Jewish leadership. Teens are engaged with a series of comprehensive courses on issues they contemplate and provide a safe place for discussion on topics such as suicide, personal ethics and values, anti-Semitism, purpose in life, relationships, faith and reason, social justice, leadership, and Israel. A few select teens in each chapter who demonstrate leadership qualities are invited to join the JLI Teens International Internship Program. The interns’ role includes participating in joint conference calls to share ideas, providing early feedback and suggestions to course developers, and partaking in special contests and activities. JLI Teens is offered in seventy cities throughout the U.S., Canada, South America, Russia, South Africa, China, Europe and the Middle East.
- Complicated Me
- Hollywood Idol 
- Why I Love Israel
- ‘OMG!’: The Battle Between Faith and Logic
- 'Is It Legit?’: Steering Your Way Through Everyday Ethical Dilemmas
- ‘Jewish Revolutions’: Building a Better World
- ‘Super Jew’: The Miracle of Jewish Survival
- ‘Secrets From Sinai’: Advice From the Most Unlikely Sources
- ‘Life on the Line’: You Make the Call
The Sinai Scholars Society is an integrated fellowship program for college campus students comprising Torah study, social activities, and national networking opportunities. The eight-part curriculum addresses essentials in Judaism, introducing students to the contemporary significance of Jewish life. Students submit an academic paper on Jewish thought, and participate in community and holiday events. Sinai Scholars is offered in partnership with Chabad on Campus at over one hundred universities. 
- Amherst College
- Arizona State University
- Binghamton University
- Birmingham City University
- University of Birmingham
- Boston University
- Bradley University
- Brooklyn College
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State University, Chico
- California State University, Northridge
- Cardozo Law School
- Clark University
- Concordia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Drexel University
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida International University
- Franklin and Marshall College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Goucher College
- Harvard University
- Hofstra University
- Nassau Community College
- Indiana University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lehigh University
- McGill University
- Concordia University
- New York University
- Northern Arizona University
- Northwestern University
- Ohio State University
- Penn State University
- Pratt Institute
- Princeton University
- Queen’s University
- Queens College
- Reed College
- San Diego State University
- San Francisco State University
- Santa Monica College
- Stanford University
- SUNY Buffalo
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Oneonta
- SUNY Oswego
- SUNY Stony Brook
- Swarthmore College
- Haverford College
- Temple University
- Texas A&M
- The College of New Jersey
- Towson University
- Tufts University
- Tulane University
- Union College
- University of Arizona
- University of the Arts (Philadelphia)
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Central Florida
- University of Chicago
- University of Colorado
- University of Connecticut
- University of Delaware
- University of Florida, Gainesville
- University of Georgia
- University of Hartford
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- University of Kansas
- University of Maryland
- University of Massachusetts
- University of Melbourne
- University of Miami
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Ottawa
- University of Oxford
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Toronto
- University of Vermont
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
- University of South Florida
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Tech
- Washington University
- Waterloo University
- Wesleyan University
- Western Washington University
- York University
The Sinai Scholars Society sponsors an annual Students and Scholars Academic Symposium. A selected group of university students from across the country present papers on the modern day relevance of core Jewish ideas and beliefs, the author of the winning paper is awarded a cash prize. At the Symposium students mingle with Jewish scholars in the academic community and connect with peers from other campuses.
Rosh Chodesh Society
JLI's women's studies division, The Rosh Chodesh Society (RCS), seeks to empower Jewish women to connect with their Jewish heritage, and in turn, inspire their families and greater communities. An international network of female Jewish scholars, leaders, and educators provides members with adult education via monthly cultural and social programs. The program was founded in 2009 in memory of Rivka Holtzberg, the Chabad emissary who, along with her husband, Gavriel Holtzberg, was a victim of the terror attack in Mumbai, India. Its debut course, Rivka’s Tent, was a seven-part series of text-based study of the three commandments addressed specifically to Jewish women. RCS has affiliates in over 150 communities around the world.
JLI later worked on creating a video site, Torah Café where it offers lectures, workshops, and inspiration from its library. The videos covers a broad range of topics available including academic study of Torah, language, Jewish literature, Jewish History, Biographies of Jewish personalities, Jewish music and ethics.
National Jewish Retreat
JLI sponsors a six-day annual retreat, The National Jewish Retreat which features live lectures and interactive workshops on Jewish life, law, history, culture and tradition, led by scholars and experts in their various fields of study. The annual retreat is hosted each summer at a hotel and was designed to engage the mind and refresh the spirit, and provides gourmet Kosher cuisine and entertainment.
Previous scholars-in-residence include:
In 2013, the Retreat launched the annual Jewish Medical Ethics Conference, which features interactive discussions between participating physicians and Jewish medical ethicists on current and emerging quandaries in the field. The conference is accredited for CME. Visit the National Jewish Retreat here .
The Land and The Spirit Israel Experience
Responding to nationwide demand from students participating in the fall 2007 course on Israel, The Land and the Spirit, JLI launched its first Israel Experience in March 2008. The bi-annual tour presents an insider look at Israel. In addition to visiting historic and religious sites, participants meet with Israeli politicians and decision-makers, Torah scholars and local residents. Participants bring messages of support from home communities in the Diaspora to the IDF forces and to families of terror victims. To date, a total of 2,500 Jews from the Diaspora have joined JLI’s Israel Experience. The Israel Experience has been addressed by Chief Rabbis Shlomo Amar, Israel Meir Lau and Yona Metzger; Knesset Members and Government figures, Hon. Benjamin Netanyahu, Hon. Benny Begin, Hon. Yuli Edelstein, Hon. Tzachi Hanegbi, Hon. Yoel Hasson, Hon. Reuven Rivlin, Hon. Natan Sharansky and Efraim Halevy; Rabbis, Professors, Journalists, and Scholars including Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz, Rabbi Shmuel Rabinowitz, Dr. Eitan Elaram, Professor Daniel Hershkowitz, Rona Ramon and Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu.
Machon Shmuel: The Sami Rohr Research Institute, under the auspices of The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, has already begun serving dozens of Shluchim worldwide with the experienced Torah scholarship of a dedicated team, providing thorough background research and comprehensive sources covering practically every topic in Torah literature.
Kohelet Foundation Partnership
Since the fall of 2010, JLI has been a provider of adult Jewish education through the Kohelet Fellowships program, a two-year Jewish learning experience for parents of Jewish day school students. Fellows study Jewish texts, either in courses or one-on-one, participate in community learning events, and explore the lessons with their families. Fellows receive tuition breaks from their children's schools funded by grants from the Kohelet Foundation and its financial partners. Courses on Judaism and study partners for the participating parents are arranged by JLI and Yeshiva University’s Center for a Jewish Future.
JLI was founded in 1999. The first JLI course, Jewish Mysticism, was piloted at fifteen Chabad centers in 1999. The institute expanded thereafter with controlled growth, introducing the learning program to between fifteen and twenty new cities annually until 2005, when JLI added forty new cities. Since its inception in 1998, over 260,000 students have completed JLI courses, with enrollment of 12,000 to 16,000 students each semester. As of 2013[update], JLI has developed forty-three separate six-week courses, the most popular of which have been on the topics of Jewish thought, law, and mysticism.
In 2005, JLI materials were translated into the first foreign language, Spanish, to serve the Jewish communities of Central and South America. In 2011, curriculum in Hebrew was developed and piloted in ten Israeli cities. There are currently thirty JLI locations in Israel as well as classes in Hebrew throughout the world in communities with large concentrations of Israeli ex-pats. The Russian language division was added in 2012 and currently consists of forty chapters throughout the former CIS. JLI course materials were developed in German the same year, and are taught in five cities in Germany. As of 2013, 382 chapters in twenty-four countries and thirty-one U.S. states offer flagship JLI courses. In 2005, JLI launched its Torah Studies division, which is currently active in 248 communities around the world, and piloted its first JLI Teens curriculum. The Sinai Scholars Society was introduced on three college campuses in 2006 and has since expanded to seventy campuses including Ivy League, state and private universities. On 17 August 2014, Chabad Jewish Center of Lake Tahoe celebrated their first year anniversary.
The JLI Academy provides ongoing training to its affiliated instructors in pedagogy and in-depth study of subjects relating to curriculum content. The Academy organizes an annual conference, intermittent webinars, podcasts, interactive instruction and one-to-one training opportunities. The JLI Academy also serves as a forum of discussion between the curriculum development team and affiliates. The Academy acts as a sounding board for instructors, and provides guidance.
The JLI Conference is dedicated to sharing tips and ideas for adult education, learning new ways of expanding and improving the more than 350 JLI chapters around the world. The conference includes renowned experts including Rabbi Issamar Ginzberg, Yeshiva University's Dr. David Pelcovitz, Direct Marketing Pioneer Alan Rosenspan, Renowned Communication Educator Michael Brandwein, Professor Jonathan Sarna, Rabbi Berel Bell, and Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Jacobson.
- Chairman: Rabbi Moshe Kotlarsky 
- Principal Benefactor: Mr. George Rohr 
- Executive Director: Rabbi Efraim Mintz
Advisory Board of Governors:
- Chairman: George Rohr
- Yitzchok and Julie Gniwisch
- Barbara Hines
- Daniel B. Markson
- Daniel and Rosie Mattio
- David Mintz
- Dr. Stephen F. Serbin
- Leonard A. Wien, Jr.
Academic Advisory Board:
- Dr. Lewis Glinert, Dartmouth College
- Dr. Jonathan Sarna, Brandeis University 
- Rabbi Edward Reichman, MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Rabbi Chaim Block, San Antonio, Texas 
- Rabbi Hesh Epstein, Columbia, South Carolina 
- Rabbi Ronnie Fine, Montreal, Quebec
- Rabbi Yosef Gansburg, Toronto, Ontario
- Rabbi Shmuel Kaplan, Potomac, Maryland 
- Rabbi Yisrael Rice, S. Rafael, California 
- Rabbi Avrohom Sternberg, New London, Connecticut 
- Curriculum Director: Rabbi Mordechai Dinerman
- Curriculum Director: Rabbi Naftali Silberberg 
- Curriculum Director: Rabbi Yanki Tauber
- Director of Branding and Marketing, Rabbi Zalman Abraham 
- Rabbi Shmuly Karp - Land and Spirit
- Mrs. Shaina Mintz - National Jewish Retreat
- Rabbi Elya Silfen - JLI Teens
- Mrs. Shaindy Jacobson - Rosh Chodesh Society
- Rabbi Dubi Rabinowitz - Sinai Scholars Society
- Rabbi Dubi Rabinowitz - JLI International
- Rabbi Aharon Loschak - Torah Studies
- Rabbi Levi Kaplan - MyShiur
- Rabbi Levi Kaplan - TorahCafe.com
- Mrs. Mindy Wallach - Continuing Education
- Mrs. Fraydee Kessler - Kohelet Fellowship Program
- Rabbi Dovid Margolin - Hebrew Literacy
- Lendal, Levi (October 19, 2011). "Chabad offers Torah studies course, beginning Oct. 26". St. Louis, Missouri.
- Bryski, Shula (January 12, 2011). "Faith Briefs". Thousand Oaks, California.
- Hanewinckel, Jessica (November 2011). "A Circuitous Relationship". San Diego, California.
- Epsteinl, Rick (November 2, 2011). "Chabad of Hunterdon presents evening course debunking myths about Judaism". New Jersey.
- Schwartzl, David (August 4, 2011). "Plantation Rabbi at ease in front of camera". Florida.
- Kleinl, Miriam (October 18, 2011). "Promoting Jewish Cultural Literacy In Northbrook". Northbrook, IL.
- Wertheimer, Jack (June 16, 2014). "Why the Lubavitch Movement Thrives in the Absence of a Living Rebbe". JA Mag in Jewish World. Orthodox Union. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Wertheimer, Jack. "The Outreach Revolution". Commentary Magazine. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Forde, Noelle. "Combating Apathy to Israel: Chabad's New Israel Awareness ourse". Chabad's new free program helps young Jews connect spiritually with Israel. Israel National News. Retrieved November 21, 2007.
- Open Source Contributor. "BRCA gene cancer risk for Ashkenazi Jews in West Hartford". West Hartford News. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- "Chabad hosts Jewish perspectives on staying positive". New Jersey Hills Media Group, Bernardsville, NJ. Hanover Eagle. October 30, 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Open Source Contributor. "New Course to Explore Modern Ethical Dilemmas". Your Houston News. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Tribune staff report (October 30, 2014). "Happiness focus of JLI presentation". Tahoe Daily Tribune. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Arends, Hank. "Arends: Life and death from a Jewish Perspective.". The Statesman Journal.
- Woocher, Jonathan (11 Sep 2012). "Reinventing Jewish Education for the 21st Century" 78 (3). pp. 182–226. doi:10.1080/15244113.2012.700636.
- Judy Mars Kupchan; Dr. Bernice Lerner (November 16, 2014). "Boundary Crossers: Adult Jewish Learning Summit Explores Collaboration". eJewish Philanthropy.
- Levy, Faygie (November 19, 2014). "The Young Chabad-Lubavitch Emissaries: Who They Are, Where They’re Going". Chabad.org. Chabad. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Courses at JLI". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Jewish identity course begins this week at Inn at Riverwalk - VailDaily.com". The VailDaily. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Fishkoff, Sue (October 23, 2014). "Don’t worry, act happy". San Francisco Jewish Community Publications Inc., dba J. the Jewish news weekly of Northern California. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Evans, Whitney (January 3, 2015). "Jews look for ways to keep their heritage alive". SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH. Deseret News. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Franklin Lakes Jewish Center Offers 'The Art of Parenting'". Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. Wyckoff Patch. December 31, 2014.
- Tribune staff report (December 31, 2014). "Navigating parenthood: Courses offered". Swift Communications, Inc. Tahoe Daily Tribune.
- Brackman, Benjy (January 5, 2015). "Parenting Course Helps Navigate World’s Hardest Job". Boulder, January 5, 2015. Boulder Jewish News.
- Genn, Adina. "'The Art of Parenting' Course Begins Jan. 18". >> News|date=January 13, 2015|location=Port Lake, Washington
- Majesky, Yanky (January 16, 2015). "The Art of Parenting course offered at JLI". Metro Orlando.
- James (Patch Staff), Davy (May 1, 2012). "Chabad of South Brunswick Explores Ancient Marriage Secrets". South Brunswick, New Jersey. Patch.
- "Vail Valley class focuses on marriage". Article in EDWARDS, Colorado, Publisher in Vail, Colorado: Swift Newspapers. Vail Daily.
- "New Chabad course will focus on Jewish positive psychology". Saint Louis Jewish Light. The Jewish Light is a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis. November 12, 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Tribune staff report (October 30, 2014). "Happiness focus of JLI presentation". Tahoe Daily Tribune.
- Joseph, Nancy Laura (January 19, 2015). "Life coach: Discover 'How Happiness Thinks'". Palm Springs, California.
- "BRCA gene cancer risk for Ashkenazi Jews the focus in West Hartford". Middletown, CT. West Hartford News, a 21st Century Media Property. October 27, 2013.
- Toneguzzi, Mario (October 26, 2013). "Jewish group tackles medical dilemmas". Calgary Herald.
- Staff (October 21, 2013). "Rohr Jewish Learning Institute to present 'Life in the Balance'". Norwich, CT: Gatehouse Media, Inc. The Bulletin.
- "JLI offers adult courses on medical dilemmas". San Francisco Jewish Community Publications Inc. JWeekly. October 17, 2013.
- "Jewish business ethics to be topic for course". Toledo, Ohio: The Blade. January 29, 2012.
- "Economic crisis from a Jewish perspective". The Naperville Sun (Chicago Tribune). The Sun – Naperville (IL) via HighBeam. January 27, 2012.
- "Wisdom of the Ages for Today's Economic Dilemmas". Jewish St Louis. Original Article at Jewishinstlouis.org. January 23, 2012.
- "Chabad of East Boca Raton To Offer Business Ethics Course". BOCA RATON, Florida. Boca News Now, A Division Of MetroDesk Media LLC. January 9, 2012.
- Benveniste, Shelley (January 17, 2013). "Rohr JLI Presents Living with Integrity Series". The Jewish Press.
- "Chabad of Hunterdon offers course in 'Living With Integrity'". New Jersey On-Line LLC. NJ.com. January 20, 2013.
- Jacobs, Phil (February 21, 2013). "Learning to Live with Integrity". High Beam Research. Washington Jewish Week.
- Schwartz,, David (August 24, 2011). "Plantation rabbi at ease in front of camera". Sun Sentinel. Florida Jewish Journal.
- Brackman, Benjy. "Ancient Tales Reveal Answers to the Greatest Mysteries of Life". Boulder Jewish News.
- "Chabad offers new six-week course in Clinton". NJ.com New Jersey On-Line LLC.
- Kim (Patch Staff), Stefani (May 7, 2013). "Ancient Tales Reveal Answers to the Greatest Mysteries of Life at Chabad Larchmont-Mamaroneck". Patch Media.
- Rubenstein, Mindy (March 25, 2014). "JLI Course Analyzes What It Means ‘To Be a Jew in the Free World’". Chabad.org.
- "10 Commandments program". LOS ANGELES, California: Shturem. Based on Article by Bradford Wiss/Chabad.com.
- Ferguson, Joey (May 20, 2011). "Jewish lecture series focuses on Sabbath Course at Chabad center focuses on secrets of sabbath's serenity". Salt Lake City, Utah. Deseret News.
- Sollish, Ari (October 11, 2007). "Chabad Course Explores Israel’s Spiritual Side". Crown Heights Info.
- "New classes on Jewish culture". Menlo Park, California. The Menlo Park Almanac. November 8, 2011.
- Berman, Rivka Chaya. "JLI To Launch Holocaust Studies Series". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved October 2013.
- "New JLI course to examine identity – j. the Jewish news weekly of Northern California". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "‘Beyond Never Again:’ Madison course examines lessons of Holocaust". Madison Eagle News.
- "Beyond Never Again: New Course to Explore Modern Lessons from the Holocaust, April 28th". Retrieved Oct 1, 2014.
- "Staten Island Yom Hashoah services recall those lost in Holocaust". Retrieved Oct 1, 2014.
- "Vienna Celebrates ‘the Most Influential Rabbi of Modern History’". Alexandria, VA. Connection Newspapers. May 7, 2014.
- Fajnland (December 30, 2013). "To Be a Jew in the Free World! The Challenges of Freedom & Identity in the Modern Era". Virginia. Patch.
- "Promoting Jewish medical awareness in Hunterdon County". New Jersey: New Jersey On-Line LLC. NJ.com. October 7, 2013.
- NOLA Community Submission (October 23, 2014). "'How Happiness Thinks' in Catholic Charismatic Renewal to present teen retreat: East Jefferson religion news briefs". NOLA Media Group.
- Binder, Elaine (October 27, 2014). "Independent Living Skills Program benefits from Catholic men's softball tournament- How Happiness Thinks'". The Times-Picayune. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Independent Press (October 26, 2014). "Happiness and Positive living series starts Nov. 5 at Chabad of SE Morris County in Madison". New Jersey On-Line. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Class focuses on influential rabbi - VailDaily.com". The VailDaily. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Rubenstein, Mindy (2014-05-25). "Q&A: Bringing to Light the ‘Teachings of the Rebbe’ - Chabad-Lubavitch News". Chabad.org. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Norris, Heather (May 8, 2014). "Chabad Launches Paradigm Shift Course". Jewish Times. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Day School Grants in Exchange for Learning". Denver CO. Intermountain Jewish News. 24 October 2013.
- "Chabad Lubavitch launching new educational series". Cape Coral, Florida. Cape Coral Daily Breeze. August 24, 2012.
- Rabbi Yekusiel Alperowitz (October 4, 2014). "Matters of Faith: Yom Kippur – A day to focus on one's inner self". Hyannis, MA. Cape Cod Times.
- Barkoff, Eva Jacob (January 19, 2012). "Jewish Learning Institute to Sponsor New Series Next Week". St. Louis, MO.
- Press, Independent (January 17, 2012). "Jewish Institute in Madison Offers Course on Money Matters/Ethics". Northbrook, IL.
- James, Davy (January 12, 2012). "Sustainable Business Practices Examined at Chabad of South Brunswick". Northbrook, IL.
- "Judaism relevance in modern society class begins Feb. 10 – Cleveland Jewish News: Local News". Cleveland Jewish News. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Open Source Contributor. "Exodus Class to be held in Rockaway Townships". New Jersey Hills. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Rohr Jewish Learning Institute in Fair Lawn to hold program - Community Events and Announcements - NorthJersey.com". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- (lubavitch.com). "Empowering Jewish Youth to Stand up for Israel". JLI Teen Curriculum Creates Israel Advocates all over the world. Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Groner, Rishe. "A Community of Jewish Teens Grows On Boston’s North Shore". JewCrew Gains Popularity Among Area’s Jewish Teenagers. Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Open Source Contributor. "New course 'OMG!' for Jewish Teens". Heritage Florida Jewish News. Retrieved Jan 25, 2014.
- Open Source Contributor. "JLI Teens Launches Internship Program". 1,000 teens in 50 locations around the world have signed up. Chabad Lubavitch Headquarters News.
- Lakein, Dvora. "My Space/Your Space: Teens Hash It Out". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved April 23, 2000.
- "Jewish teens in Orlando debate Hollywood values". Fern Park, Florida. Heritage Florida Jewish News. January 2, 2015.
- Fridman, S. "At US Colleges, Students Explore Traditional Jewish Values". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
- Abraham, Zalman. "New Generation of Scholars Ponders Jewish Existential Issues". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/News. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
- Novack, Rabbi Hershey (May 2, 2012). "Debate over campus anti-Semitism misses the point". St. Louis Jewish Light.
- Schwartz, Karen. "Undergraduate Scholars Head to Johns Hopkins for Jewish Symposium". Chabad.org. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "What Chabad on Campus Offers". Chabad of UCLA. Los Angeles, California.
- Benveniste, Shelley. "Chabad of East Boca Presents 'A Reason to Celebrate'". The Jewish Press. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Norris, Heather (October 16, 2014). "RCS Offers Course on Love". Jewish Times. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "New SoulMates course for women". The Columbia Star. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Lakein, Dvora (October 6, 2014). "How Does She Do It?". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ / News. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Chabad of Hunterdon County in Clinton Township to present women empowerment courses". NJ.Com New Jersey On-Line LLC. November 24, 2012.
- Moschella, Kathryn (February 19, 2015). "‘Soulmate’ secrets found in Torah by Chabad of Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch". Bradenton, FL.
- Lakein, Dvora. "Torah Cafe Invites Users to Explore Jewish Themes Online". Chabad Lubavitch World Headquarters News. Retrieved October 29, 2009.
- Horowitz, Jason (August 21, 2010). "George Allen looks to his roots while planting campaign seeds". The Washington Post.
- Chabad Lubavitch Headquarters. "National Jewish Retreat Opens in Virginia". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved August 18, 2012.
- "Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, Lubavitcher Yeshiva Academy to present course on Jewish identity - masslive.com". masslive.com. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Carole Basri. "The Ethnic Cleansing of the Iraqi Jews" (Video). TorahCafe.com is a project of the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute. Torah Cafe.
- "Chabad of South Hills to explore Jewish identity in modern world – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Lakein, Dvora. "Chabad's Rohr JLI Offers Retreat to Self". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/News. Retrieved December 2013.
- "myJLI.com :: News". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- [dead link]
- "myJLI.com :: News". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "myJLI.com :: News". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Lakein, Dvora. "Chabad's Rohr JLI Offers Retreat to Self". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved December 2013.
- Dvora, Lakein. "Chabad's Rohr JLI Offers Retreat to Self". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved December 2013.
- Lakein, Dvora. "Chabad's Rohr JLI Offers Retreat to Self". Chabad Lubavtich World HQ/News. Retrieved December 2013.
- Open Source Contributor. "Promoting Jewish Medical Awareness In Northbrook". Chicago Tribune.
- Schedule for ‘Meaningful Life’, http://www.jweekly.com
- "Religion – May 14". The Almanac. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Rosenthal, Rebecca. "Natanyahu Speaks to JLI's Mission to Israel". Chabad Lubavtich HQ/News. Retrieved April 11, 2008.
- Visit the Land and the Spirit Israel Experience here
- Levin, Shmuel. "George Rohr Launches of a Torah Think Tank". Shturem. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Machon Shmuel: The Sami Rohr Research Institute". YouTube. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Rabbi Avrohom Bergstein". Torah Cafe. TorahCafe.com is a project of the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Farber Miller, Lisa. "Day School Grants in Exchange for Learning". Intermountain Jewish News. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Lightstone, Mordechai. "Kohelet Foundation Partners With Rohr JLI". Partnership to Enhance Adult Participation in Jewish Education. Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved September 2010.
- Fishkoff, Sue. "Chabad institute keeps on growing". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Retrieved March 2, 2006.
- "Naperville, IL News - Naperville Sun". Napervillesun.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Aug 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm (2014-08-25). "Medical Ethics Program Takes Aim at BRCA ‘Jewish’ Gene Mutation". SCTPN. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "BRCA gene cancer risk for Ashkenazi Jews the focus in West Hartford - News". West Hartford News. 2013-10-27. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Herb Scribner (2013-10-22). "Comments about 'Jewish Institute aims to educate about breast cancer risks'". Deseret News. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Olidort, Baila. "Wertheimer Places Chabad's Rohr JLI at Top". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved March 2010.
- http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/northshore/nnews/12489632-113/jewish-chabad-center-lake Posted Wednesday, Aug 13th, 2014
- February 25, 2015 (2013-10-22). "Course set on Jewish approach to medical dilemmas - Cleveland Jewish News: Local News". Cleveland Jewish News. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Lakein, Dvora. "Hitting the Books: Shluchim Take Their Study to the Web". Chabad Lubavitch World HQ/ News. Retrieved March 2010.
- Courant, Hartford (February 1, 2010). "New Series Explores Inspirational Personalities". Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Mosher, James (January 30, 2010). "Tu B’Shevat celebration inspires rabbi’s lecture series". New London, Connecticut.
- Steigerwald, Shauna (January 29, 2010). "Portraits in Leadership offered at Jewish Learning Institute". Cincinnati, Ohio.
- COLive staff (Jul 7, 2014). "Shluchim Gather for JLI Conference: Hundreds of Shluchim gathered for the annual JLI Conference, sharing tips and ideas for expanding and improving the more than 350 JLI chapters around the world". New York. Community News Service. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Former Governor and Senator George Allen Addresses National Jewish Retreat". Reston, VA: Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch. August 19, 2010.
- Lakein, Dvora (August 18, 2009). "JLI Retreat Explores Themes of Jewish Empowerment". Greenwich, Connecticut. Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch.
- "Leadership". Rohr JLI. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "SAMI ROHR Obituary". The New York Times. August 9, 2012.
- Rosenthal, Rivka Chaya (August 23, 2006). "Jewish Learning 10,000 Feet Above Sea Level". Copper Mountain, CO: Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch.
- Scribner, Herb (October 22, 2013). "Jewish Institute aims to educate about breast cancer risks". Desert National News. Deseret Digital Media.
- "Chabad's Jewish Learning Institute To Probe Fundamentals of Faith". Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch. January 23, 2008.
- Markoe, Lauren (August 3, 2012). "Rabbis aim to inject more morality into business". Washington, D.C.: Published in The Washington Post. source of article: Religion News Service, OnFaith. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- Rebecca, Rosenthal (May 19, 2006). "JLI Presents A Summer Smorgasboard". LUBAVITCH HEADQUARTERS, NY: Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch.
- Lakein, Dvora (December 28, 2007). "Chabad Unveils Talmudic Study Program In 15 Cities". New York. Merkos L'inyonei Chinuch.
- Fishkoff, Sue (March 3, 2006). "That's Growth!". SAN RAFAEL, California: JTA. Shturem.net.
- Fishkoff, Sue (March 2, 2006). "Chabad institute keeps on growing". SAN RAFAEL, California. Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
- Chabad of Stamford (August 11, 2009). "Program: JLI Retreat Program Guide 2009". Old Greenwich, CT. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "'Kabbalah of You' course offered in Edwards". EAGLE COUNTY, Colorado: Swift Communications, Inc. Vail Daily. October 25, 2012.
- "Thanksgiving’s Torah roots". Denver, CO: Intermountain Jewish News. November 20, 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Stefani (Patch Staff), Kim (October 18, 2012). "Chabad Offers New Look at Spirituality: The Chabad of Larchmont-Mamaroneck will be offering a new class designed to unlock hidden meaning.". Mamaroneck, New York: Patch.
- Wilkinson, Phaedra (October 21, 2014). "From the community: Exciting Class on Jewish Positive Psychology to be Presented in Northbrook". Chicago: Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Happiness focus of JLI presentation". Swift Communications, Inc. The Tahoe Daily Tribune. October 30, 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Patten, John (October 9, 2013). "Chabad's Learning Series Returns With End-of-Life Study: Will present Rohr Jewish Learning Institute program "Life in the Balance: Jewish Perspectives on Everyday Medical Dilemmas"". Patch Media.
- Hanson, Alesha (January 3, 2015). "Jewish Learning Institute Presents 'The Art Of Parenting' In Bronxville". BRONXVILLE, New York. The Daily Voice.