Jhalokati Sadar Upazila
|• Total||204.48 km2 (78.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||957/km2 (2,480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Sadar.gif Official Map of the Jhalakati Sadar Upazila|
Jhalakathi Sadar is located at. It has 36504 units of house hold and total area 204.48 km².it is one of peaceful town of Bangladesh. most of the people are literate.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Jhalakati Sadar has a population of 195619. Males constitute 51.13% of the population, and females 48.87%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 102890. Jhalakati Sadar has an average literacy rate of 54.4% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Jhalakati Sadar has 12 Unions/Wards, 186 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 176 villages.
Notable People of Jhalakati
- Late Hajrat Mawlana azizur Rahman ( Kaed Shaheb Hujur, Nesarabad)
- Late Gazi Aziz ferdows.politician-BNP
- Abdul Halim Gazi politician-BNP
- Shajahan Omor-Bir Uttom-BNP. Associated with high-level corruption.
- Mian Ahmed Kibria
- A K Harun or-Rashid- Freedom Fighter,BCS
- Shahid Ansar Ali Khan (Shakerhat)- Freedom Fighter
- Late Jobed Ali Mridha ( Boulkanda Kirtipasa ) - Freedom Fighter
- Ser-e-Bangla A.K. Fazlul Haque(By Birth)
- Khan Saheb Syed Uddin Ahmed
- Md Idrish Gazi- Freedom Fighter.
- Amir Hossain Amu-Political figure. Associated with high-level corruption.
- Poet Kamini Roy-Author,Pache Looke Kichu Bole.
- Golam Mostofa-Actor
- Hasan Imam-Actor
- Tomalica Karmokar-Actor
- Sayed Musibul Haque-Civil Servant
- Mosharaf hossen akon - Founder Member Of Chamber Of Commerce.
- Shawkat Hossain Laskar - FreedomFighter
Between 1940 and 1975 Jhalakati was famous for the only automatic rice mill in the region owned by Shudhangshu Bhushan Das Son of Aswini Kumar Das. It was a thriving complex built on an area approximately 2 square kilometer. The smoke from the chimney served as a navigation landmark by passing steamers while the factory siren could be heard from as far as Barisal. After the company declared bankruptcy in 1975 there descendants eventually migrated to India and other parts of Bangladesh.The massive ruins of the factory can still be seen at west chandkati.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.