جھانسی ہوائی اڈا
|IATA: none – ICAO: VIJN|
|Elevation AMSL||789 ft / 240 m|
Jhansi Airport (ICAO: VIJN) is a military airstrip situated in Jhansi city in the Bundelkhand region of Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, run by the Army Aviation Corps. Efforts are on to have a civil enclave at the airport.
Jhansi airport was handed over by the DGCA to the National Airports Authority in 1986. The airport was then handed over for maintenance to the UP Government. In 1990, the State Government handed over the air field to the Indian Army.
The Uttar Pradesh government has prepared a blue print to expand and develop Jhansi airport to open up the backward Bundelkhand region for tourism. Its development as a civil airport would facilitate easy access to Khajuraho (150 km away in Madhya Pradesh) and boost to tourism in and around Jhansi, which is the nerve centre of Bundelkhand. The airstrip has existed from the British days and is largely used for military purposes. the clearances for development of the airstrip into a full-fledged airport has been given by highest level in the state.
- Lucknow International Airport
- Varanasi International Airport
- Taj International Airport
- Kanpur Airport
- Allahabad Airport
- Faizabad Airport
- Sultanpur Airport
- "Govt has set norms for attracting FDI for development of airports: Ajit Singh to LS". Business Standard. 13 March 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Ajit Singh seeks Meerut Airport for AAI". Business Standard. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Uttar Pradesh plans to develop Jhansi airport". www.igovernment.in. 1 April 2011.
- Airport information for VIJN at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|