|Height||1.651 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Jharana Bajracharya completed her schooling from Siddhartha Vanasthali Institute. She is also a painter and potter and she holds a degree in sociology. Her mother is Mrs. Lalana Bajracharya who holds a degree in psychology. Jharana's father's surname is Rashid and is a Nepali Muslim. Her real name is Jharana Bajracharya Rashid. She started her journey in the Nepali entertainment field after being crowned Miss Nepal in 1997 at the age of 16 and represented Nepal in Miss World contest held at Baie Lazare, Seychelles on November 22, 1997. Jharana Bajracharya, made her debut in Hatiyar playing a second fiddle to the leading lady Karishma Manandhar co-starring opposite Rajesh Hamal.
On 6 October 2007, Jharana Bajracharya got engaged to North American Citizen Karar Hill in private ceremony in Kathmandu.
After starring in Pareni Maya Jalaima which won the best story award at the Nepali Film Aawrds, Jharana promptly made her way into Mumbai to find her place in Bollywood. She appeared in Hindi film Love in Nepal and many other advertisements. After she could not make niche in Bollywood, she returned to Nepal. She has appeared in many music videos as well. Her last Nepali film was Kohi Mero which was released in mid 2010. Jharana Bajracharya appeared at the Fem Botanica KTV film awards on October 2008 where she performed with Alok Nembang on several songs.
Jharana Bajracharya appeared as the Nepali brand ambassador for Lux soap in 2003, however since then she has not appeared in any TV advertisements so far. She also teamed up with Nepali hero Rajesh Hamal to be the brand ambassador for 2pm Noodles. She appeared in a TV advertisement which showcased her in a Nepali outfit purchasing the item. Jharana, is also one of the brand ambassador for Muna chiya (tea) in Nepal appearing in many billboards located around Kathmandu. In September 2012, Bajracharya walked the ramp as a trendsetter along with other Nepali celebrities.
Jharana Bajracharya has appeared on many music videos and is also one of the highest paid music video model in Nepal. She started her journey as a model by appearing first in Nabin Bhattarai's song Lakhau Patak. Since then she has managed to appear in more than a dozen music videos directed by mostly Alok Nembang etc.
Music video appearances
- 2006: "Priye Timi" by Bijay Adhikari.
- 2006: "Tapowan" by Jagdish.
- 2007: "Dubna Deu" by Anil Singh.
- 2007: "Tum Sang Remix" (Hindi Song).
- 2007: "Binti cha hai" by Prakash Gurung (Gurung Song).
- 2004: "Dubna Deu Malai" by Anil Singh.
- 2010: "Laija Re" by Hemanta Rana
- 2012: "Manda Manda" by Manu Limbu
- 2013: "Panchhi" by The Outsiders
- 2013: "Bachunjelilai" by Ram Krishna Dhakal and Lata Mangeskar
- 2013: "Aaja Pani Timrai" by Yateesh M. Acharya and Maya Roka Pradhan
|1998||Bhuttukai Bhaye Ni||Nepali|
|2001||Siudo Ko Sindoor||Nepali|
|2003||Maya Garchu Ma||Nepali|
|2003||Chahanchu Ma Timilai||Nepali|
|2004||Love in Nepal||Hindi|
|2004||Parenni Maya Jalaima||Nepali|
|2005||Pheri Arko Saino||Nepali|
- "Jharna Bajracharya". Retrieved 2007-04-30.
- Jharana's Interview to Fursad.com
- ‘I don't fit into the filmmaking trend’: Jharana Bajracharya
- Jharna Bajracharya (Exclusive) Interview
- Love in Nepal
- Miss Nepal makes another bid on Bollywood
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Nepal World
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Jharana Bajracharya|