|District||Kanpur Dehat district|
|• chairman||Raj Kumar Singh Yadav|
|Elevation||131 m (430 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The nearby cities are Kanpur (63 km) towards the East and Etawah (90 km) towards the West. The district headquarters is nearly 35 km away at Akbarpur-Matiis a town and a nagar panchayat in Kanpur Dehat district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It has an average elevation of 131 metres (429 feet).
The major town Jhinjhak is a Raiway Station on (NCR)/North Central Railway line. Nearest station to east is Rura at a distance 19 km and Kanpur is at 63 km.In the west nearest station is Phaphund and Etawah .It is also connected to Kanpur by roads via Rura and Kalyanpur.
Schools and Colleges
- Shri Gandhi Inter College
- Shri Ram Ratan Girls Inter College
- Shri Ram Ratan Audyogik Krishi Inter College
- Shri Gandhi Balika Vidyalay Inter College
- Gauri Shankar Mahavidyalaya
- Ram Datta Tripathi Mahavidyalay
As of the 2001 Indian census, Jhinjhak had a population of 20,406. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Jhinjhak has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 63%. In Jhinjhak, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Jhinjhak at India9.com
|This Ramabai Nagar district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|