June 24, 1971 |
|Education||Myongji University - Visual Arts|
|Agent||HB Entertainment (2013-present)
|Spouse(s)||Lee Su-yon (m. 2004)|
|Revised Romanization||Ji Jin-hui|
Ji Jin-hee (born June 24, 1971) is a South Korean actor. He is best known for his leading roles in the historical TV dramas Dae Jang Geum (also known as Jewel in the Palace), and Dong Yi.
Ji's career as an actor started when the director working with Takeshi Kaneshiro's coffee commercial selected him to replace Takeshi Kaneshiro, as the latter was not able to finish the filming due to the conflict with his contract. Ji first appeared in an MV Like A Third Rate Movie sung by Joo Sung-bin. In 2000 he made his acting debut via the drama series Female Secretary. He acted along with Ye Ji-won in the 2001 drama Juliet's Man. He was one of the cast members of Four Sisters in 2002. Together with Jo Hyun-jae and Soo-ae, Ji did Love Letter, where a staff of the epic drama series Dae Jang Geum, starring Lee Young-ae, saw him and considered him for the role of Min Jung-ho. After his success he gained from portraying Jang Geum's lover many opportunities opened for him, such as acting in the romantic-comedy Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest opposite Kim Hyun-joo, which gave him his first best actor award. He did movies one after the other making him a bankable movie star and got the chance to work with actresses Yeom Jung-ah, Moon So-ri and many more. After three years in hiatus on acting in a series he made his comeback for the drama series Spotlight as the captain and senior of the lead actress Son Ye-jin. He was chosen to be the main actor of the comedy series The Man Who Can't Get Married, which was shown in 2009. Opposite Han Hyo-joo he portrayed the korean monarch King Sukjong in the historical drama Dong Yi. In 2012 Take Care of Us, Captain was released in Korea where he performed as a captain pilot training the character played by Ku Hye-sun. Another saeguk landed on his hand as he acted in the drama The Great Seer, which was shown in 2013. He accepted and played the role of a 'man of affairs' in One Warm Word.
- H (2002) - Detective Kang Tae-hyun
- The Trigger (2002)
- If You Were Me "Face Value" (2003)
- Perhaps Love (2005) - Monty
- Bewitching Attraction (2006) - Park Seok-gyu
- The Old Garden (2007) - Oh Hyun-woo
- Soo (2007) - Tae-soo
- Meet Mr. Daddy (2007) - Ha Sun-young's husband
- Paradise (telecinema, 2009) - Il-ho
- Parallel Life (2010) - Chief prosecutor Kim Seok-hyun
- Runaway from Home aka Looking for My Wife (2010) - Ji Sung-hee
- Thomas & Friends: Misty Island Rescue (animated, 2011) - The Narrator (Korean dubbing)
- Love Fiction (2012) - Joo-ro
- On the Way (2014)
- Bad Sister (2014)
- Helios (2015)
- Female Secretary (KBS, 2000)
- Juliet's Man (SBS, 2000) - Seung-woo
- Rosy Life (SBS, 2001)
- Four Sisters (MBC, 2001) - Han Tae-suk
- The Afternoon After a Shower (MBC/Fuji TV, 2002) - Hong Dae-jin
- Love Letter (MBC, 2003) - Jung Woo-jin
- Dae Jang Geum (MBC, 2003-2004) - Min Jung-ho
- Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest (SBS, 2004) - Park Moo-yeol
- Spring Days (SBS, 2005) - Go Eun-ho
- The 100th Bride (2005, Taiwan) - Han Wei
- Star's Lover (SBS, 2008-2009) - Ma-ri's actor ex-boyfriend (cameo)
- Spotlight (MBC, 2008) - Oh Tae-suk
- He Who Can't Marry (KBS2, 2009) - Jo Jae-hee
- Dong Yi (MBC, 2010) - King Suk-jong.
- Take Care of Us, Captain (SBS, 2012) - Kim Yoon-seong
- My Husband Got a Family (KBS2, 2012) - pastor (cameo, ep 19)
- The Great Seer (SBS, 2012-2013) - Yi Seong-gye
- Dating Agency: Cyrano (tvN, 2013) - Seon Jung-nam, F-ranked client (cameo, ep 1)
- One Warm Word (SBS, 2013) - Yoo Jae-hak
- Blood (KBS2, 2015) - Lee Jae-wook
One episode dramas
- Beautiful Man
- Farewell Waltz
- Big Brother is Back
- What's in Her Refrigerator?
- "Like a Third Rate Movie", sung by Jo Sung-bin (1999)
- "Once Upon a Day", sung by Kim Bum-soo (2000)
- "Never", sung by Jo Sungmo (2001)
- "We" by Jang Dong-gun, Kim Seung-woo, Hwang Jung-min, Gong Hyung-jin, Ji Jin-hee, Lee Ha-na (Actors Choice single, 2010)
- 2004 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actor in a Drama Special (Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest)
- 2009 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries (He Who Can't Marry)
- 2010 MBC Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actor (Dong Yi)
- 2011 CETV Awards: Top 10 Hottest Asia Award
- "JI Jin-hee". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Lee, Sun-min (19 March 2013). "Ji Jin-hee moves to HB". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Japanese Press Gushes for Ji Jin-hee". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 June 2007. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Lee, Ji-hye (24 February 2010). "Ji Jin-hee's Movie Picks". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Han, Sang-hee (21 March 2010). "Will Dong-yi Become Next Jewel in the Palace?". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Oh, Jean (22 March 2010). "Upbeat rom-com vs. court romance". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Wee, Geun-woo (7 May 2010). "Ji Jin-hee says "happy to break stereotype" as a king". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Kim, Heidi (14 December 2010). "Actor Ji Jin-hee receives warm welcome in Hong Kong". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Lee, Wing-sze (29 March 2012). "Q&A: Ji Jin-hee". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Ji Jin-Hee Tests His Pulling Power in Southeast Asia". The Chosun Ilbo. 5 December 2005. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Song, Woong-ki (16 March 2010). "Ji Jin-hee shows his funny side". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Lee, Ji-hye (2 April 2010). "Press conference for film Looking for My Wife". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "All That Star: Ji Jin-hee". Arirang News. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Kim, Heidi (1 April 2011). "Actor Ji Jin-hee to voice Korean version of Thomas and Friends". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Oh, Jean (15 June 2009). "KBS' bachelor battles MBC's queen". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Kim, Hannah (4 March 2010). "WE are singing for charity". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Actor Ji Jin-hee Renews Modeling Contract with Korea Exchange Bank". KBS Global. 20 August 2008. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Ji Jin Hee's new wine/travel book, "it's all about the variety of wine tasting"". Jazzholic. 10 May 2009. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Choe, Min-ji (21 October 2011). "Ji Jin Hee Wins Top 10 Hottest Asia Award in China". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "Jin Hee Ji won the Top 10 Popular Star Award by CETV, China.". Innolife. 24 October 2011. Retrieved 2013-06-29.