From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up jib in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up jibbet in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jib may refer to a wide range of meanings:
- A Jib or Gib arm sometimes diminutively called a gibbet (meaning forked stick)
- Jib, a triangular sail at the front of a sailing boat
- Jib (camera), a boom device with a camera on one end
- A wedge used with a cotter
- In neoclassical architecture a Jib Door or Jib Window is type of portal similar to a Dutch Door. However, the window is usually of a normal proportion and the door underneath is subtly built and flush with the wall.
- JIB is an acronym for Latin jus in bello, one of the two parts of the laws of war, or Law of Armed Conflict
- Canadian slang for methamphetamine
- A castrated male cat or ferret
- A snowboarding term meaning 'to grind'
- A person's behaviour in nautical slang is to like or dislike the cut of his/her jib
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jib.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.