From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up jig in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A jig is a type of folk dance, usually in compound meter.
Jig may also refer to:
- JIG, a Debian GNU/Linux admin package combining the Wajig wrapper and Gnome-jig (gjig) GNOME interface
- Jay Is Games (J.I.G.), a game review website
- Stage jig, a type of bawdy stage show in Elizabethan England
- Gigue (Fr.), also giga (It., Sp.), or jig (Eng.) a fast dance movement from the Baroque Suite, which originated from the various folk dances of the British isles knows as "jigs".
- Jig (tool), a device/frame used to control position or motion
- Jigs, various methods of gravity separation in a coal preparation plant
- Jig, a fishing lure used in the jigging method of fishing (angling)
- "Jig" (as in Jigsaw puzzle), a nickname of Scottish footballer Lee McCulloch
- Jig, an unwanted anxious/restless on the spot trotting motion of a horse
- Jig (film), a 2011 British documentary film
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.