|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 93rd district
July 5, 2006
|Preceded by||Art Tenhouse|
|Residence||Mount Sterling, Illinois|
|Alma mater||Southern Illinois University|
Tracy graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 1979. Tracy practiced law in the Mt. Sterling area from 1980 to 1997. While in private practice, she served as the attorney for the City of Mt. Sterling, the Mt. Sterling Fire Protection District, and the villages of Ripley and Mounds Station. Tracy was appointed by Attorney General Jim Ryan in 1997 to serve as Illinois Assistant Attorney General and Director of the West Central Regional Office. She continued in that office under Attorney General Lisa Madigan until 2004.
As Illinois State Representative, Tracy's current committee assignments are Consumer Protection, Local Government, Aging, Rural Economic Development, Higher Education, Juvenile Justice Reform, and Transportation & Motor Vehicles.
Tracy's husband, Jim, is the Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of the Board of Directors of Dot Foods. Dot Foods was founded in 1960 by Jim Tracy's parents, Robert and Dorothy Tracy. Dot Foods is headquartered in Mt. Sterling, Illinois and is one of the largest food distribution companies in the nation.
Tracy lives in Mt. Sterling with her husband, Jim, and their four children.
- Kirk Dillard announces Quincy-area lawmaker Jil Tracy as running mate, Chris Kaergard, Peoria Journal Star, September 3, 2013
- Representative Jil Tracy (R) 93rd District at the Illinois General Assembly
- State Representative Jil Tracy constituency site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Rep. Jil Tracy at Illinois House Republican Caucus
- Dot Foods
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|