For the American singer/songwriter, see Jill Jones
Jill Jones is a poet and writer living in Sydney, Australia.
In 1993 she won the Mary Gilmore Prize for her first book of poetry, The Mask and the Jagged Star (Hazard Press). Her third book, The Book of Possibilities (Hale & Iremonger), was published in 1997. It was shortlisted for the National Book Council 'Banjo' Awards and the Adelaide Festival Awards. Her fourth book, Screens, Jets, Heaven: New and Selected Poems, was published by Salt Publishing in 2002. It won the 2003 Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry (NSW Premier's Literary Awards). Her fifth full-length book, Broken/Open was published by Salt Publishing in 2005. It was shortlisted for The Age Poetry Book of the Year 2005 and the Kenneth Slessor Poetry Prize 2006. She served as a judge for the 1995 NSW Premier's Literary Awards and for the inaugural Broadway Poetry Prize in 2001.
- The Mask and the Jagged Star, Hazard Press, Christchurch, 1992
- Flagging Down Time, Five Islands Press, Wollongong, 1993
- The Book of Possibilities, Hale and Iremonger, Sydney, 1997
- Screens Jets Heaven: New and Selected Poems, Salt Publishing, Cambridge, 2002
- Struggle and Radiance: Ten Commentaries, Wild Honey Press, Bray, 2004 (chapbook)
- Where the Sea Burns, Picaro Press, Warners Bay, 2004 (chapbook)
- Fold Unfold, Vagabond Press, Sydney, 2005 (chapbook)
- Broken/Open, Salt Publishing, Cambridge, 2005
External links