|Born||James Douglas Aikin
1948 (age 66–67)
|Occupation||Editor, teacher, writer (music technology, science fiction)|
Jim Aikin (born in 1948 as James Douglas Aikin) is an American science fiction writer based in Livermore, California. He is also a music technology writer, an interactive fiction writer, freelance editor and writer, cellist, and teacher. He frequently writes articles for various music industry magazines, including Electronic Musician, Keyboard Magazine, and Mix.
All titles listed chronologically.
- Cleaving, Amazing, November 1984
- Statues, Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, November 1984
- Dance for the King, Omni, November 1984
- My Life in the Jungle, Fantasy & Science Fiction, February 1985
- A Place to Stay for a Little While, Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, 1986
- Dancing Among Ghosts, Fantasy & Science Fiction, February 1988
- Run! Run!, Fantasy & Science Fiction, September 2008
- An Elvish Sword of Great Antiquity, Fantasy & Science Fiction, January 2009
- Leaving the Station, Asimov's Science Fiction, December 2009
- Beyond Armageddon (1985, "My Life in the Jungle")
- The Year’s Best Fantasy Stories 13 (1987, "A Place to Stay for a Little While")
- The Omni Book of Science Fiction 6 (1989, "Dance for the King")
- The Year’s Best Fantasy: Second Annual Collection (1989, "Dancing Among Ghosts")
- Walk the Moons Road (May 1985, ISBN 0-345-32169-3, Del Rey)
- The Wall at the Edge of the World (March 1993, ISBN 0-441-87140-2, Ace Books)
- Not Just an Ordinary Ballerina (1999)
- Last Resort (2006)
- Lydia's Heart (2007)
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret (2008, with Eric Eve)
- April in Paris (2008)
- A Flustered Duck (2009; winner of the Spring Thing)
- Power Tools for Synthesizer Programming (January 2004, ISBN 0-87930-773-0, Backbeat Books)
- A Player's Guide to Chords & Harmony (June 2004, ISBN 0-87930-798-6, Backbeat Books)
- Picture Yourself Playing Cello (2012, ISBN 1-4354-5868-0, Course Technology)
- Csound Power! (2013, ISBN 1-4354-6004-9, Course Technology)
- The Guide To MIDI Orchestration (3rd Edition, August 2004, ISBN 0-9646705-3-4, Musicworks Atlanta)
- Real World Digital Audio (2005-11-30, ISBN 0-321-30460-8, Peachpit Press)
- "Stories, Listed by Author: Aikin, Jim". Locus Magazine. Archived from the original on 2007-02-23. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Jim Aikin". SFBook.com.
- Van Gelder, Gordon (September 2008). "Run! Run! (headnote)". Fantasy & Science Fiction 115 (3): 153–160.
- "Articles by Jim Aikin". Electronic Musician. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Jim Aikin (bibliography, books, series, web links)". SciFan. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "Jim Aikin's Resume". Archived from the original on 2007-06-12. Retrieved 2007-06-17.