|Member of the Michigan Senate
from the 27th district
|Preceded by||John J. Gleason|
|Member of the Michigan House of Representatives
from the 49th district
2011 – 2013 
|Preceded by||Lee Gonzales|
2005 – 2009
|Succeeded by||Dale Weighill|
|Constituency||City of Flint 7th Ward|
|City Council President|
|Succeeded by||Delrico Loyd|
|Constituency||City of Flint|
|Alma mater||Michigan State University
University of Michigan
|Website||Friends of Jim Ananich (election site)|
James Ananich, or Jim Ananich, is a politician from the State of Michigan. He is a Democratic Party member of the Michigan State Senate representing the 27th District, which is located in Genesee County and includes part of the city of Flint.
Ananich attend and graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in political science and economics and a secondary teaching certificate. He also received a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Michigan-Flint. He then became a teacher in the Carman-Ainsworth and Flint Community School Districts. He was later employed by Priority Children as an education coordinator until 2011.
Ananich ran against Lee Gonzales for Michigan State Representative in the 2004 Democratic primary and lost. The next year, he was elected to Flint City Council and serve until 2009. In 2009, Ananich served as the Council's President. He then ran for State Representative in 2010 winning against Allan Pool 67% to 33%.
|State Representative||2010||16,771||7,881||Allen Pool (R)|
- Sarah Schuch. State Rep. Jim Ananich's 27th District Senate win means two more special elections for Genesee County. May 08, 2013. The Flint Journal. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- DeFever, Dana (November 3, 2010). "Democrat Jim Ananich takes 49th District State House seat with 67 percent vote". Flint Journal (Flint, Michigan: Booth Newspapers). Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Longley, Kristin (November 3, 2009). "Fresh faces make up new majority of Flint City Council". Flint Journal (Flint, Michigan: BoothNewspapers). Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- Representative Jim Ananich (MI) Biographical Information. Project Vote Smart. Retrieve on 03-08-2011.
- Lara Mossa (October 8, 2010). "Newcomers take on veterans for State House seats". Flint Journal (Flint, Michigan: BoothNewspapers).
- Raymer, Marjory (November 3, 2010). "Genesee County election results at a glance". The Flint Journal. Retrieved 14 April 2011.