|Full name||James P. Challinor|
Warrington, Lancashire, England, UK
|Died||December 1976 (age 42)|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||13 st 5 lb (84.8 kg; 187.0 lb)|
James "Jim" P. Challinor (birth registered June→August 1934 in Warrington district, Lancashire — died December 1976) was an English professional Rugby League World Cup winning footballer of the 1950s and '60s, and coach of the 1960s and '70s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Warrington, and Barrow, as a Wing, or Centre, i.e. number 2 or 5, or, 3 or 4, and at representative level coached for Great Britain, and at club level for Barrow, and St. Helens.
Making his debut for Warrington in 1952, Challinor initially played on the Wing, but later moved into the Centres. He was a member of the Warrington side that won the famous Odsal Stadium replay of the 1953–54 Northern Rugby Football League season's Challenge Cup final against Halifax, scoring the match's first try. He made 282 appearance for Warrington, scoring 135 tries, kicking 2 goals for 409 points. Challinor also played in the 1960 Rugby League World Cup, helping Great Britain to victory.
Jim Challinor died of cancer in December, 1976 aged just 42.
Jim Challinor is a Warrington Wolves Hall of Fame inductee.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Warrington Wolves Hall of Fame - Jim Challinor: 1952-1963". Warrington Wolves. Retrieved 2008-09-24.
- Hughes, Ed (31 October 2004). "Caught in Time: Great Britain prepare for 1972 rugby league World Cup final". The Sunday Times (UK: Times Newspapers Ltd). Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- "Hall of Fame at Wire2Wolves.com". wire2wolves.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Coaching statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- When Great Britain won the World Cup
- Tracking down the heroes of 1972
- Hall of Fame at Wire2Wolves.com
- Warrington’s World Cup heroes – Jim Challinor
- Coaching statistics at saints.org.uk