Many of the ideas contained in this and the outcomes of putting such concepts into practice have been documented by journalist Jon Ronson in his book The Men Who Stare at Goats. According to Ronson's book, Channon spent time in the 1970s with many of the people in California credited with starting the human potential movement, and subsequently wrote an operations manual for a First Earth Battalion.
Jim Channon was featured in Fortune magazine as the business world's first corporate shaman. He was featured in Omni and other magazine/websites as the founder of the Army’s First Earth Battalion.
Channon was named to the Advisory Board of the Veterans' Holistic Healthcare Foundation of America.
- Channon, Jim (November 2, 2009). "Jim Channon". The Guardian (London).
- Jon Ronson, Men Who Stare at Goats, 2004
- "http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1990/10/08/74155/index.htm". CNN. October 8, 1990.
- Rose, Frank (October 8, 1990). "http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1990/10/08/74156/index.htm". CNN.
- "Advisory Board". Veterans Holistic Healthcare Foundation of America. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
|This biographical article related to the United States Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|