|Member of the Tennessee Senate
from the 30th district
|Born||James F. Kyle, Jr.
October 14, 1950
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Residence||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Arkansas State University,
University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
James F. "Jim" Kyle, Jr. (born October 14, 1950) is an American lawyer and politician. He is a member of the Tennessee Senate for the 30th district, which is composed of part of Memphis. He has served as a state senator since the 93rd Tennessee General Assembly, and he has been elected Democratic leader in the Senate since the 104th General Assembly.
Kyle graduated from Arkansas State University in 1973 with a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing. He was a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity and a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award at graduation. In 1976, he obtained a J.D. from the University of Memphis School of Law.
During the 95th General Assembly, Kyle was the Democratic Caucus Chairman, and during the 96th through 100th General Assemblies, he was the Chairman of the Select Oversight Committee on Corrections. Senator Kyle holds membership on the Senate Finance, Calendar, Judiciary, Rules, Delayed Bills Committees.
Kyle is a member of the Memphis Bar Association. From 1994 to 1998, he served on the Board of Governors of the American Correctional Association. He is also a member of Ducks Unlimited and serves on the Board of the University of Memphis Law School Alumni Association. Jim Kyle is a member of the law firm of Domico Kyle, PLLC in Memphis, Tennessee.
Kyle currently is Senate Minority leader in the Tennessee State Senate.
- "Senator James 'Jim' F. Kyle, Jr.'s Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Jim Kyle interview on Inside Politics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsJ5UyKAoY
- Kyle, Jim (February 26, 2010). "Kyle Withdraws Bid for Governor". Facebook. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- Richard Locker, Jim Kyle drops out of race for Tennessee governor; cites public hostility in campaign, Memphis Commercial Appeal, February 26, 2010
- Garrison, Joey (August 12, 2013). "A year out, TN Democrats' search for governor, Senate candidates turning cold". The Tennessean. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- Locker, Richard (August 6, 2013). "Memphis Democrat Sara Kyle mulling race for Tennessee governor" Memphis Commercial Appeal. Retrieved (August 6, 2013).