Jim Maxwell (commentator)
Maxwell is best known for his coverage of Australian cricket. He has provided radio commentary for 200 Tests (as at 4th Ashes Test, 2006) and numerous One Day Internationals, including four World Cups. He has edited the ABC Cricket Magazine since 1988, and is the author of three cricket books, including:
- Ashes from Bodyline to Waugh: 70 Years of the ABC Cricket Book ISBN 0-7333-1192-X
- Stumps: Sledging, Slogging, Scandal, Success, The Way I See It, an anecdotal account of experiences following the Australian cricket team since the 2000–01 season. ISBN 1-74064-038-1
Maxwell is a frequent member of the BBC's Test Match Special team when Australia play England for the Ashes. He has also covered a number of other sports, including rugby union, rugby league, golf, hockey and table tennis. He has been involved in radio coverage of at least three Olympic Games. He also provided commentary for the EA Sports games Cricket 2004 and Cricket 2005, alongside fellow commentator Richie Benaud.
Maxwell has two sons from his first marriage, which ended in 2007. He is a keen amateur photographer. On BBC Test Match Special on 25 August 2013 it was announced that Jim Maxwell has proposed to his partner during the 5th Test of the 2013 Ashes.
- "Jim Maxwell". Test Match Special. British Broadcasting Corporation. 17 October 2002. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Jim Maxwell". CricketArchive. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Peter Cundall and Jim Maxwell". Conversations with Richard Fidler. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 2 June 2006. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Jim Maxwell". ABC Grandstand. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- Lewis, Daniel (11 November 2012). "At home with Jim Maxwell". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 27 August 2013.