||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. (November 2013)|
March 2, 1985 |
Buffalo, New York
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
Negrych was a two-time All-American at the University of Pittsburgh (2005 and 2006). Negrych was drafted in the 6th round by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2006 draft. He was the first Pittsburgh Panthers player drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates since Larry Lamonde in 1981 and Ken Macha in 1972.
The Pittsburgh Pirates drafted Negrych out of the University of Pittsburgh in the 6th round of the 2006 MLB Draft. In 2008, Negrych was the Pirates minor league player of the year. In 2008, while playing for the Lynchburg Hillcats, he was a Carolina League Mid-Season All-Star and a Carolina League Post-Season All-Star. In 2010, while playing for the Altoona Curve and Indianapolis Indians, Negrych was named an Milb.com Organizational All-Star. In 2011, Negrych was traded to the Florida Marlins for catcher Carlos Paulino.
Toronto Blue Jays
On November 20, 2012, the Toronto Blue Jays announced that they had signed Negrych to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. He was assigned to his hometown Buffalo Bisons. On April 18, Negrych hit for the cycle as the Bisons defeated the Syracuse Chiefs 27-9. In July 2013, Negrych was named the starter at second base in the Triple-A All-Star Game.
- Fitt, Aaron (June 13, 2006). "2006 College All-America Team". Baseball America. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Amateur Draft: Pirates grab Pitt's Negrych". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 7, 2006. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- Kovacevic, Dejan. "Pirates Notebook: Wilson braces for farewell". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- Williams, Tim (March 30, 2011). "Jim Negrych Traded to Marlins". Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- Adams, Steve (April 22, 2012). "Minor Moves: Negrych, Haughian". Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Buffalo Bisons. "Jays sign Buffalo-native Negrych | Buffalo Bisons News". Buffalo.bisons.milb.com.
- Harrington, Mike (20 November 2012). "St. Francis grad Negrych joins Herd". The Buffalo News. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Parker, John (2013-04-18). "Negrych cycles in Bisons' record rout". MLB.com. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- Moritz, Amy (July 10, 2013). "Negrych gets the All=Star treatment". BuffaloNews.com. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball second baseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|