Jim Paredes in 2013
|Born||August 30, 1951|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Communication|
|Alma mater||Ateneo de Manila University|
|Occupation||Creative-Singer, performer, photographer, teacher|
|Known for||Songwriter, television personality, columnist, photographer, author|
|Home town||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Spouse(s)||Lydia Paredes (nee Mabanta)|
|Children||Erica Paredes (Daughter), Angela "Ala" Paredes (daughter), Mio Paredes(Son)|
|Parent(s)||Jesus Paredes Jr. (Father)|
Jaime Ramon "Jim" Paredes (born 31 August 1951) is a Filipino musician, producer, educator, writer, photographer, television personality, workshop facilitator, and activist best known for being one-third of the APO Hiking Society, along with Danny Javier and Boboy Garovillo.
Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo
Paredes' most prominent solo work is 1986' "Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo", which has come to be known as the anthem of the bloodless 1986 People Power Revolution. It was recorded by 15 Filipino artists in April of that year, and its English version "A New and Better Way" was launched in Australia a few months later. In recognition of its significance, the lyrics of the song are embedded on a wall of the Our Lady of Edsa Shrine, which commemorates the 1986 revolution.
- Humming In My Universe: Random Takes on Everything
- Between Blinks
- Writing On Water
- As Is Where Is
Paredes' most prominent television appearances include:
- Give Love On Christmas Presents: The Exchange Gift (2014) ... ???? (ABS-CBN)
- Pyra: Ang Babaeng Apoy (2013) ... Don Del Fierro (GMA Network)
- A Beautiful Affair (2012) ... Stephen Saavedra (ABS-CBN)
- Pilyang Kerubin (2010) ... Ronaldo Esteban (GMA Network)
- Pinoy Dream Academy (2006) ... Headmaster (ABS-CBN)
- Search for the Star in a Million (2005) ... Judge (ABS-CBN)
- 'Sang Linggo nAPO Sila (1995-1998) ... Host (ABS-CBN)
- Tatak Pilipino (1990-1994) ... Host (ABS-CBN)
- Sa Linggo nAPO Sila (1990-1995) ... Host (ABS-CBN)
- Humming In My Universe, The Philippine Star
1) Ako Lang—1996
- Ricky Lo (2008-09-14). "Awit ng Barkada". The Philippine Star.
- "What ‘Tita’ Honey Carandang has given me - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos". Lifestyle.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Close encounters with 2 presidents". Rappler.com. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Boy Abunda (2008-09-19). "A night of wit, humor and music". The Philippine Star.
- "Jim Paredes (Profile)". Telebisyon.net. Telebisyon.net. 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Jim Paredes". Online Registry of Filipino Musical Artists and Their Works. Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-aawit. Retrieved 25 December 2008.
- The Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (2006). "Jim Paredes: "We Should Awaken The Memory"". EDSA 20/20: 20 Filipinos 20 years after People Power. pcij.org. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- Rowena C. Burgos (2008-09-21). "Jim Paredes shows some ‘Skin’". Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- Paredes' blog, Writing on Air