James (Jim) Rempe (born November 4, 1947, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, US) is an American professional pocket billiards (pool) player, and was inducted into the Billiard Congress of America's Hall of Fame in 2002.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2008)|
Rempe began playing pool at the age of 6. he turned pro at the age of 22, winning over 100 major championships, and taking 11 world titles, including the World Straight Pool Championship, WPA World Nine-ball Championship, the World One-pocket Championship, All-Around World Championship and, later, the Mizerak Senior Tour.
In December 2005, Rempe participated in the International Pool Tour King of the Hill Shootout, an invitational event consisting of thirteen BCA Hall of Famers and thirty other accomplished players, in Orlando, Florida. competed in this historic tournament which was televised on the Versus network.
|This section requires expansion. (February 2008)|
- 1971 Invitational Nine-Ball Arlington, Virginia
- 1971 U.S. Masters 14.1 Arlington, Virginia
- 1971 Hustlers World One-Pocket Johnson City, Illinois
- 1972 U.S. Master's 14.1 Arlington, Virginia
- 1972 World's Nine-Ball Dayton, Ohio
- 1972 Maine State 14.1 Scarborough, Maine
- 1972 Minnesota Fats Classic 14.1 and All-Around Arlington, Virginia
- 1973 Ohio Open Nine-Ball Cleveland, Ohio
- 1973 New York State 14.1 Newburgh, New York
- 1973 World's Nine-Ball Dayton, Ohio
- 1975 World Nine-ball Association Tournament
- 1975 U.S. Master's 14.1 Arlington, Virginia
- 1975 Eastern Invitational Nine-Ball Elizabeth, New Jersey
- 1975 World's Nine-Ball Burlington, Iowa
- 1976 Master's Invitational All-Around Norfolk, Virginia
- 1976 Indiana Open 14.1 South Bend, Indiana
- 1976 International Brunswick Open Rotation Tokyo, Japan
- 1977 Mako World Nine-Ball Association Invitational Tournament, Irvine, California
- 1977 Q-Masters Invitational All Around Norfolk, Virginia
- 1977 Miami Open Nine-Ball Miami, Florida
- 1977 International World Invitational Nine-Ball and 14.4 Grand Championship Osaka, Japan
- 1990 Classic Invitational Straight Pool Championship, Rochester, New York
- 1998 World Pool League
- 1999 World Pool League
Like his Australian rival Eddie Charlton, Rempe has branched out into product development and marketing, with his Jim Rempe Training Ball (manufactured by Saluc), a cue ball marked with rings and targets on the surface of the ball so that the practicing player can better judge the effects of very particular amounts of sidespin, topspin, backspin and other forms of cue ball control, and learn better control of cue stroke. Various competing products, such several other Saluc models and Elephant Practice Balls, use a similar aiming system. The Rempe ball is included in higher-end Saluc Aramith-brand ball and ball-and-accessory sets.
- "IPT Player Biography: James Rempe". International Pool Tour. 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame". BCA-Pool.com. Billiard Congress of America. Archived from the original on 2007-03-31. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "One in the Corner, Nose in the Side". National Billiard News: p. 3. April 1977.
- Venzke, Bruce (April 1977). "Pot Shots". National Billiard News: p. 9.
- "Product Line > Training Balls". Saluc.com. Callenelle, Belgium: Saluc S.A. 2005. Retrieved 2008-02-18.[dead link]
- "Elephant Practice Balls". ElephantBalls.com. Columbus, Ohio: Elephant Balls, Ltd. 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Product Line > The[sic] Pool > Regular Range". Saluc.com. Callenelle, Belgium: Saluc S.A. 2005. Retrieved 2008-02-18.[dead link]
- "Product Line > The Pool > Accessories Kits". Saluc.com. Callenelle, Belgium: Saluc S.A. 2005. Retrieved 2008-02-18.[dead link]