||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2010)|
Jimenez Lai is a Assistant Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago. He is also the founder and leader of Bureau Spectacular.
 Bureau Spectacular
Bureau Spectacular is design studio founded and led by Jimenez Lai since 2008.
 Academic career
Lai previously held the LeFevre Fellowship at the Knowlton School of Architecture at the Ohio State University in 2007 and the Howarth-Wright Fellowship at Taliesin (studio)/Taliesin West. He currently a Clinical Assistant Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago.
 Published Works
- "Primitives". Log/Issue 22.
- "On Types of Seductive Robustness". Candide / Issue 3.
- "Obstruction: A New Healthy Body". Pidgin / Issue 9.
- "The Future Archaeologist". PLOT / Issue 1
- "Plan v Section". Conditions / Issue 5+6
- "The Future Archaeologist". Beyond Magazine / Issue 3
- "Big Box Robotz". Journal of American Institute of Architecture Students / Spring 2010
- "Laundry Man". Conditions / Issue 3
- "Point Clouds". MAS Context / Issue 4
- "Vertical Urbanism". 306090 / Issue 12
Jimenez Lai's new monograph, Citizens of no place : an architectural graphic novel supported by the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts and Princeton Architectural Press. 
 Built Work
- White Elephant (Privately Soft) Installation / Land of Tomorrow (LoT) / Louisville, KY. 2011
- The Briefcase House Super Furniture / Chicago, IL. 2010.
- Point Clouds Installation / Extension Gallery / Chicago, IL. 2009.
- Phalanstery Module Installation / Materials & Applications / Los Angeles, CA. 2008
- Point Clouds Installation in Extension Gallery, 2009. Supported by Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts.
- Phalanstery Module 2008.
- Jimenez Lai at Pecha Kucha 2010.