Bong Spirit Launch Event in Austin, TX
|Born||November 26, 1971|
|Other names||James Beach Drummond, Jimmy Beach|
|Occupation||Artist, Executive Producer|
|Known for||Bong Spirit Vodka|
James Beach Drummond (born November 26, 1971, in Titusville, Florida) is an artist, entrepreneur and concert promoter based in Orlando, FL. He is the creator and Executive Producer of the Bandwagon Roadshow, which was named "Best New Event Launch of 2010" by BizBash Magazine. He is known as an advocate for independent arts, and regularly promotes up-and-coming artists through the marketing programs of the companies he operates.
In 1992 Beach was a founding member of the surf-rock band Lo Presher based in Central Florida. Lo Presher recorded three albums and toured the surf industry circuit with a rhythmic act that featured homemade percussive instruments made from alligator skulls, turtle shells and bamboo. The New York Times described the band’s music as “wooden drums and didgeridoo added to hard-rock and punk”.
In 1996 he approached Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman with a proposal to organize an independent artist stage which became known as the Surf Compound. The band went on to manage, produce and perform on this independent stage through their own indie record label, EVREC Productions, from 1996 to 1999.
Bluworld of Water
In 1998 Beach used profits from tours and album sales as capital to launch a concept that combined his love for water and art. Bluworld of Water, started by Beach and his brother Sean Drummond, has grown into the largest commercial and residential indoor water feature company in the world. Beach served as the creative force behind the brand until 2005, and has been referred to as the world's foremost authority on water art and design.
Beach successfully pioneered the concept of “water as art”, selling water sculptures to celebrities and international business clients, which enabled Bluworld to become an internationally recognized art and design studio. The company partnered on a furniture line with renowned spokesmodel and design entrepreneur Kathy Ireland.
Bong Spirit Vodka
Beach’s experience as a nightclub designer and owner inspired him to develop a brand concept for a line of distilled spirits, which resulted in the creation of Bong Spirit Vodka. Beach chose the controversial bottle design based on its symbolism as a communal object, and the cultural role it has represented for decades as an underground icon in the arts and entertainment community.
Beach debuted Bong Spirit in December 2005 at Art Basel in Miami Beach and created a marketing program called Spirit of the Brand that allows up-and-coming artists the opportunity to design artwork for the company's bottles. Bong Spirit uses proceeds from the art bottles to promote indie arts by organizing regional exhibitions, concerts, and bottle signing events.
In 2007 Beach selected the top finalists from hundreds of design submissions from around the world and debuted the winning bottle designs at an exhibition in Austin, Texas featuring art from such recognized street artists as Shepard Fairy, Aidan Hughes, Istvan Orosz, Vulcan, and Art Spiegelman.
On September 22, 2010 Bong Spirit Imports, LLC was acquired by Millennium Prime, Inc (OTC: MLMN), and currently operates as a subsidiary of the company. Millennium Prime is a developer, acquirer and marketer of lifestyle brands and enters lifestyle product markets to establish business units focused on brand categories.
In 2007 Beach launched the Global Talent Database. The comprehensive web network at TalentDatabase.com (theDB.com) was a free talent search engine and artist directory, similar to a global Yellow Pages for talent and creativity. The network’s servers suffered a catastrophic failure from a cooling system malfunction in 2009, rendering the project unrecoverable and in need of a rebuild that is said to be planned for the near future.
Beach was the editor and author of Talent Speaks, an artist blog centered around "a discussion of advancements in technology and the subsequent increased amount of opportunities for self-employed and independent artists."
The Surf Compound
From 1996 to 1998 Beach produced the “Surf Compound” on the Vans Warped Tour, which provided a platform for prominent action sports athletes and musicians such as Tom Curren, Donavon Frankenreiter, Kelly Slater, Mark McGrath, Peter King, and Ray Bones.
Rhythm of Nature
In 2003 Beach wrote and directed Rhythm of Nature, a theatrical production featuring percussion instruments and tribal rhythms with Cirque du Soleil performers personifying the notions of water, rhythm and dance.
In 2010 Beach launched the Bandwagon Roadshow, a concert festival series combining national interest in car culture and popular music. Bandwagon was named “Best New Event Launch of 2010” by BizBash Magazine. In September 2010, Beach started an internet-based radio station called RadioBandwagon that serves as the centerpiece for the series’ promotional marketing, and features more than a dozen themed radio shows that support the car culture lifestyle.
In 2011 Beach signed a broadcast deal with Fox Entertainment for a TV show entitled "Bandwagon: The American Roadshow", a release date has yet to be set.
- "Best of 2010: New Event Launches". BizBash. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Back into The Spirit: Bong Spirit That Is". Cocktails.about.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "CommunityNext Highlights". ZDNet. 2007-02-12. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Jimi Beach to Unveil Winning Vodka Designs to Austin's Art Underground". Surveysdo.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Millennium Prime, Inc. (MLMN): Great write up written when they first launched". Investorshub.advfn.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "TalentDatabase.com features music, art, fashion and more – review". Band Weblogs. 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Bong Spirit « Offbeatism". Offbeatism.wordpress.com. 2009-12-02. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Jimi Beach to Unveil Winning Vodka Designs to Austin's Art Underground". Barnonedrinks.com. 2007-08-27. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Beach Is Never Far From Water - Page 2 - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. 2003-07-25. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Playing Loud and Fast, For Seven Hours Straight". New York Times. 1996-08-05. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Lo Presher". TripAtlas.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Water Works - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. 2006-07-06. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Wet and wild.(Executive Lifestyles: Outdoor Living)(Bluworld)(Company overview)(Brief article) - Florida Trend | HighBeam Research - FREE trial". Highbeam.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Home By Design Magazine" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Bluworld Fountains, Bluworld Water Fountain, Bluworld of Water, Wall, Floor & Indoor Fountains, Gardenfall, Metaline, Grande Waterfountains: The Indoor Water Fountain Company". Water-fountain.biz. 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Jimi Beach Interview on CNBC". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Kathy Ireland Worldwide partners with Bluworld of Water by Furniture World Magazine". Furninfo.com. 2007-12-21. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Fiji Sponsors Elite Fashion Event | Australia & Oceania > Melanesia, Micronesia & Polynesia from". AllBusiness.com. 2003-09-18. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Beach Is Never Far From Water - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. 2003-07-25. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Esther Bardhan (2006-01-07). "Bong Vodka - Celebrating The Creative Spirit". Foodmall. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Oh, Wow Man | Blinq | 01/06/2006". Philly.com. 2006-01-06. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "GuideLive.com | Over The Top Blog Daily Archive". Overthetopblog.dallasnews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "The Old Beam Team Blog: Spirit of the Brand". Publicis-dialog-beam-team.blogspot.com. 2007-08-05. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Bong Vodka Artist Series: Spirit of the Brand". productdose.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Jimi Beach to Unveil Winning Vodka Designs to Austin's Art Underground". Drinks Media Wire. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Millennium Prime (MLMN) Announces International Distribution Plans for Bong Spirit's Super Premium Vodka | Finance | paidContent". Finance.paidcontent.org. 2010-04-16. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "ADVERTISING & PROMOTION AWARDS 2006" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Shaping Glass for Vodka « Best In Packaging". Bestinpackaging.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Premium Vodka DistillersDrunk With Design « if it’s hip, it’s here". Ifitshipitshere.wordpress.com. 2007-11-11. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- [dead link]
- "Pre-Hip Hop Hall of Fame Awards Soiree". Newsblaze.com. 2010-08-02. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Bong Spirit Imports, LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Millennium Prime, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. 2010-12-30. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Talent Speaks Blog - Josh Spear, Trendspotting". Joshspear.com. 2006-12-20. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Sunchild Is on Rise With Warped Tour - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1997-06-30. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Cars, culture unite at Bandwagon Roadshow – Soundboard Music Blog – Orlando Sentinel". Blogs.orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Entertainment Company Launches National Festival With Vintage Cars, Snoop Dogg". BizBash. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Pop stars will labor through the weekend - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. 2010-09-02. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "BANDWAGON TV SERIES | Bandwagon Roadshow". Radiobandwagon.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.