|Full name||James John Corbett|
|Date of birth||6 July 1980|
|Place of birth||Hackney, London, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2000||→ Portsmouth (loan)||0||(0)|
|2003||→ Darlington (loan)||10||(2)|
|2005||→ Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:14, 24 December 2011 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
James John "Jimmy" Corbett (born 6 July 1980) is a retired English footballer. He played in the Football League for Gillingham, Blackburn Rovers, Portsmouth, Darlington and Southend United before dropping into non-League football.
A midfielder, Corbett first became recognised while playing at Gillingham. He was playing in the first team at the age of 17 and his performances attracted attention from Premier League teams, leading to him joining Blackburn Rovers in 1998, for a fee of £525,000, potentially rising to £1m depending on appearances. After joining Blackburn, he never really found the form that had attracted so many Premier League teams to him, due to extensive injury problems, including two broken ankles. Without playing a single game for Blackburn in the league, he was sent out on loan to Portsmouth, and then to Darlington.
After being released by Blackburn at the end of the 2003 season he joined Southend United, where he played a minor part in their team until 2005 when he was released again. He had a trial for Welling United, but a permanent move never materialised. He later joined Folkestone Invicta in 2006 before leaving by mutual consent in December 2008.
- Triggs, Roger (2001). The Men Who Made Gillingham Football Club. Tempus Publishing Ltd. p. 94. ISBN 0-7524-2243-X.
- Leach, Conrad (1998-08-09). "The Michael Owen factor: Six young Premiership stars poised to make the big breakthrough this season". The Independent (The Independent). Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- Davison, Matt (2007-09-24). "Past Masters | Jim Corbett". Gillingham FC Official Website. Gillingham F.C. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Corbett leaves Invicta". NonLeagueDaily.com. 2008-12-16. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "Luchford looking for fast start to Town's season". yourswale.co.uk. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "Injury hampers Corbett". NonLeagueDaily.com. 2011-12-23. Retrieved 2011-12-24.