Jimmy Doherty (farmer)
1975 (age 39–40)
|Occupation||Farmer, television personality|
|Known for||Jimmy's Farm, Jimmy's Food Factory, Jamie & Jimmy's Food Fight Club|
Jimmy Doherty (born 24 May 1975) is a Suffolk based farmer and television presenter formerly for the BBC and now for Channel 4, famous for the show Jimmy's Farm, detailing the operation of the Essex Pig Company that he and his wife Michaela Furney owned.
A childhood friend of Jamie Oliver, he studied at Newport Free Grammar School, has a degree in animal biology from the University of East London  and studied for a PhD in entomology at Coventry University's zoology department.  He is of Irish descent.
He appeared as a friend and guest on Jamie Oliver's show, Oliver's Twist in the episode entitled "Flash In The Pan".
After returning to Essex to run his own farm, Doherty and Furney set up The Essex Pig Company utilising free range meat production practices. The operation raised various rare breeds, most notably the endangered Essex, together with the Berkshire, Gloucester Old Spot, large and middle Whites; Soay and Jacob sheep and Red Poll cattle. Jimmy's farm is in Suffolk near Ipswich. There are currently 20 full and part-time staff. Their efforts were followed by a series of fly-on-the-wall documentaries which aired on BBC Two. 
Doherty presented a series for BBC2 called Jimmy Doherty's Farming Heroes which aired from July 2008 to August 2008, followed by various other series and single documentaries for the BBC. Notably, Jimmy's Food Factory, in which he demonstrated the industrial techniques used in the production of processed foods, ran for two series on BBC One. When the Controller of BBC One at the time, Jay Hunt, left to become chief creative officer at Channel 4 at the end of 2010, she signed up Doherty to present exclusively for Channel 4. Doherty's last series for the BBC, A Farmer's Life for Me, was broadcast in February and March 2011.
In December 2012 Jimmy and Jamie Oliver presented the Channel 4 series Jamie & Jimmy's Food Fight Club.
Jimmy and Michaela Furney were married on Saturday, 22 August 2009. The reception was held at their farm in Suffolk. 
They have a daughter named Molly Rose who was born on 4 August 2010.
- "Jaimie & Jimmy's Friday Night Feasts" (Channel 4, 2014)
- Food Unwrapped (Channel 4, 2013)
- Jamie & Jimmy's Food Fight Club (Channel 4, December 2012)
- Jimmy and the Whale Whisperer (Channel 4 2012)
- Jimmy and the Giant Supermarket (Channel 4 2012)
- A Farmer's Life for Me (BBC 2011)
- Museum of Life (BBC 2010)
- Jimmy's Global Harvest (BBC 2010)
- The Private Life of... (BBC 2010)
- Jimmy's Food Factory (BBC 2009)
- Jimmy Doherty in Darwin's Garden (OU & BBC 2009)
- Jimmy's GM Food Fight (BBC Horizon 2008)
- Jimmy and the Wild Honey Hunters (BBC 2008)
- Jimmy's Farming Heroes (BBC 2008)
- Crisis on Jimmy's Farm (BBC 2007)
- Jimmy's Farm Diaries (BBC 2007)
- Jimmy's Farm (BBC 2004–2006)
- Richard & Judy (Channel 4 2004 & 2006)
- Back on Jimmy's Farm (BBC 2004)
- "UEL press release 2009".
- "Farming's unlikely hero, FW interviews Jimmy Doherty". Farmers Weekly Interactive. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- Celebrity farmer Jimmy gets hitched, 24 August 2009
- Boyle, Audrey (16 June 2006). "From City girl to Essex girl!". East Anglian Daily Times.
- "Jimmy Doherty zeigt Jimmy's Food Factory". ProSieben. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Celebrities' open letter to Scotland – full text and list of signatories | Politics". theguardian.com. 2014-08-07. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- Daily Telegraph