Jimmy Fink is a New York radio personality, born and raised in Eastchester, New York. He is also part of the Fink family which owned the Fink Bakery, a city fixture from 1888 to 2000 and located in Manhattan and Long Island City. 
Jimmy Fink has a BA in Speech Arts/Communications from The American University in Washington DC. While at American University he was essential to the early development of the college radio station, WAMU-AM, and also worked at rock station WHFS in Bethesda Maryland. Later he studied electronic music at The New School for Social Research in New York City.
Jimmy Fink began his professional radio career in the fledgling days of New York FM radio at WABC-FM, which later became WPLJ. From 1970 to 1983 he worked for WPLJ as an on air personality and is one of the better known on-air personalities in New York FM radio. In 1985, he was one of the first New York air personalities to join the new K-Rock, WXRK in New York City.
Fink has also done voice-over work for HBO, Cinemax and various commercial clients. He was the long time producer for various nationally syndicated shows on the ABC Rock Radio Network, including Rock & Roll Legends a daily calendar of rock events and New Waves, an interview program distributed by NPR, focusing on rock star's youth & upbringing. Rolling Stone Magazine's Continuous History of Rock & Roll, which was written & produced by Jimmy Fink, was heard world-wide on 140 radio stations. His interviews with rock stars have been featured in hundreds of radio programs. He was the host of Rock Watch, a nationally syndicated show for the United Stations Radio Network.
In July 2008, and again in 2010, Jimmy Fink was named "Best Radio Personality" by the readers of Westchester Magazine in their annual "Best of Westchester" issue.
- O'Grady, Jim, "NEIGHBORHOOD REPORT: LONG ISLAND CITY; A Yeasty Smell Blows Out to Sea As an Era Ends at Fink Bakery", The New York Times, September 22, 2002
- The Peak : Air Staff - The Peak radio website. (archived 2008)
- WPLJ air staff history http://www.rockradioscrapbook.ca/radwplj.html
- Journal News reprint http://www.1071thepeak.com/press/index/02-20-05_journal_news.PDF
- Fink Baking Co. http://www.licbdc.org/area_business_news.html?AID=324&Year=2003
- Westchester Magazine: Best Of Westchester http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Westchester-Magazine/Westchester-Resources/Best-of-Westchester/index.php?&listing=20906