Jimmy Van M
|Jimmy Van M|
Jimmy Van M performing at the club Luv
|Birth name||James Van Malleghem|
|Genres||Downtempo, progressive house|
|Occupation(s)||Disc jockey, Record producer, Promoter|
Jimmy Van M (born James Van Melleghem) is a DJ of progressive house and downtempo music. He was a large part of the "Delta Heavy Tour" with Sasha & John Digweed, in addition to performing with many other DJs, such as James Zabiela and Lee Burridge. He has released a few singles as well as mix albums on Ultra Records and Bedrock Records. He is more known for his warm up set than his peak time performances.
Jimmy Van M was born in Belgium, but moved to Orlando, Florida in the United States at age 10. In 1995, he founded the Balance Promote Group, a DJ booking agency and record pool. In 2000, he released his first mix compilation Trance Nation America and followed this up with 2001's Bedrock: Compiled & Mixed album. His third album, Balance 010 of EQ / Stomp's Balance series, is a three disc compilation featuring a "downtempo" disc, a "midtempo" disc, and an "uptempo" disc, with the tempo building throughout the three. The first disc starts at 65 beats per minute and the third ends at 126 beats per minute.
- Prevatt, Mike (2003-10-04). "James Zabiela + Jimmy Van M: Spundae at Circus Disco -- Hollywood, California". Pop Matters. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "Lee Burridge & Jimmy Van M. at Icon". 365mag. 2002-10-26. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "Jimmy Van M interview". Progressive-Sounds. 2006-10-01. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- Romero, Dennis (2007-01-04). "M for Mellow: Orlando's pioneering progressive DJ slows it down with 'Balance'". Los Angeles CityBeat. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- Jones, Simon (2006-09-03). "Jimmy Van M – Balance 010". Progressive-Sounds. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "In Balance with Jimmy Van M". Beat Factor. 2006-10-09. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
|This article on electronic music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|