|Born||1968 (age 45–46)
Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan
|Known for||Nihonga painting|
Life and career
In 1968, Goto was born in Hyogo. His uncle is an artisan of Karakuri ningyō. In 1986, he appeared in Exhibition of students in the National Gallery of Victoria in Australia. In 1988, he graduated from The Osaka City Kogei High School (Fine Arts course), and studied painting with Takashi Murakami for two years. From 1995, he restored the Japanese Gold leather papers (金唐革紙 Kinkarakawashi, a kind of high-class handmade wallpaper) at Irifuneyama Memorial Hall in Kure, Ijokaku in Kobe, and Kyu-Iwasaki-tei Gardens in Tokyo (Nationally designated Important Cultural Properties of Japan). In 1996, he graduated from The Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, and became a student of Sumio Goto. From 1996 to 2010 once a year, he showed work in the Exhibition of Nihonga by Syonokai in the Ginza Matsuzakaya Department Store. In 2007, his previous work was shown in the Exhibition of The Japanese Gold leather papers in the British Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Goto has a studio in Chiba Prefecture. He travels for sketches all over Asia, and paints pictures of women ("Bijinga") chiefly in Asia. He has held exhibitions at The British Museum, the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Osaka City Museum of Art, the Paper Museum in Tokyo, Ginza Matsuzakaya Department Store, Ikebukuro Tobu Department Store, Gallery Art Salon in Chiba, Gallery Shinseido in Minamiaoyama, and Onward Gallery in Nihonbashi. He teaches about the paintings of Nihonga and Bijinga at NHK Culture Center and Yomiuri Nippon Television Culture Center.
Japanese Nihonga paintings
- "Heavenly Gates"
- "Borobudur (Indonesia)"
- "Angkor Wat at sunrise (Cambodia)"
- "A beautiful girl in Bali (Indonesia)"
- "Kumari - The Living Goddess (Nepal)"
- "Sita of a dancing girl (India)"
- "A Geisha girl in Asakusa (Japan)"
- "Beautiful Village (Vietnam)"
- "A dancing girl of Miao tribe (China)"
- "Sukhothai (Thailand)"
- "Changfamei - a girl of long hair (China)"
- “ Monthly Beaux-Arts No,320 ” p.14-20. august 2004. A corporate juridical person, Salon des Beaux-Arts
- “ Monthly Beaux-Arts No,336 ” p.14-20. december 2005. A corporate juridical person, Salon des Beaux-Arts
- “ The Japan Art News (The Shin-Bijutsu-Shimbun) ” march 1,2004. Bijutsu-Nenkan-sha Co.,Ltd.
- “ ART BOX IN JAPAN - Contemporary World Heritage Art in Japan ” p.82-83. october 20,2008. ART BOX international INC. ART BOX international INC,Works ART BOX international INC
- “ Graphic Japanese Style Painting ′05-′13 ” 2004-2013. Maria Shobo Co.,Ltd.
- “ Market Price of Art ” 2002-2013. Bijutsu-Shinsei-sha Co.,Ltd.
- “ Picture books Guide by Fukuinkan Shoten ” 11,2011. Fukuinkan Shoten, Publishers INC.
- Published by Fukuinkan Shoten, Publishers INC. 2,2013. Fukuinkan Shoten, Publishers INC “ Changfamei ”image（Maria Shobo Co.,Ltd.） .