Jiro (given name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.|
Jirō can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 次郎, "next, son"
- 次朗, "next, melodious"
- 二郎, "second, son"
- 二朗, "second, melodious"
- 治郎, "reign, son"
- Jiro (musician) (born 1972), bassist of the Japanese rock band GLAY
- Jiro Aichi (治郎, born 1969), Japanese politician
- Jirō Akagawa (次郎, born 1948), Japanese novelist
- Jiro Akama (二郎, born 1968), Japanese politician
- Jiro Ando (慈朗), Japanese manga artist
- Jirō Asada (次郎, born 1951), Japanese novelist
- Jiro Bevis (次郎), an English illustrator
- Jiro Horikoshi (二郎, 1903–1982), chief engineer behind many Japanese fighters of WWII
- Jiro Kamiharako (次郎, born 1966), Japanese ski jumper
- Jiro Kikkawa (born 1929), Japanese Australian ornithologist
- Jiro Komaki, a Japanese film director
- Jiro Manio (born 1992), Filipino actor
- Jiro Nakano (二郎, 1902–2000), Japanese composer
- Jiro Ono (次郎, born 1953), Japanese politician
- Jiro Ono (次郎, born 1925), Japanese sushi master, subject of the 2011 film Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Jiro Vasey (治郎), samurai
- Jiro Wang (born 1981), Taiwanese actor and singer
- Jiro (Blue Dragon) (ジーロ), a character in the Blue Dragon video game
- Jiro (Kamen Rider) (次狼) or Garulu (ガルル), a supporting character in the Kamen Rider Kiva tokusatsu series
- Jiro (Kikaider) (ジロー), the main protagonist in the Android Kikaider tokusatsu series
- Jiro Ueda (次郎), the main character in Trick TV series
- Jiro (ジロ), the famed Sakhalin Husky of the 1958 Japanese Antarctica expedition, depicted in the 1958 Japanese film Nankyoku Monogatari
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|