Road Rules: The Quest
|Road Rules: The Quest|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Original run||July 9, 2001– October 29, 2001|
|Viewers' Revenge||Adam Larson|
Road Rules: Maximum Velocity Tour
Road Rules: Campus Crawl
Road Rules: The Quest is the tenth season of Road Rules. It first aired on MTV in 2001, and featured six strangers chosen to compete in missions, while living in a RV. In this particular season, the contestants drove their RV to missions in Morocco and Spain. The season also was the first to have a rule where the cast would potentially have to vote a cast member off if the cast failed to meet a certain set of rules pertaining to successful missions completed. This season of Road Rules was the first and only season to be preceded by a casting special in which 20 potential cast members for The Real World and Road Rules spent time together for a week to see how they interacted to be selected for one of the two shows.
|Name||Age||From||Seasons on the Challenge|
|Adam Larson||22||Wickford, RI||Battle of the Seasons, The Gauntlet (Won), The Gauntlet 2|
|Blair Herter||20||Scott, LA||Battle of the Sexes|
|Ellen Cho||23||Iowa City, IA||Battle of the Sexes|
|Sophia Pasquis||23||Elmont, NY||Battle of the Sexes 2|
|Jisela Delgado[a]||20||Tampa, FL||Battle of the Seasons, Battle of the Sexes, The Gauntlet 2|
|Steve Meinke||23||Leavenworth, KS||The Gauntlet|
|Katie Doyle[a]||21||Keller, TX||The Gauntlet, The Inferno (Won), Battle of the Sexes 2, The Gauntlet 2,
Fresh Meat, The Gauntlet III, The Duel 2, The Ruins, Cutthroat
- Bold indicates the contestant was a finalist on the Challenge, but lost in the Final Race.
- ^[a] This was the first season in which the Road Rules team had to vote off a contestant, as punishment for losing two missions. Jisela was voted out and Katie took her place.
|Title||Original air date|
|1||139||"Quest for the Crest"||July 9, 2001|
|2||140||"Snakes, Snakes Everywhere"||July 16, 2001|
|3||141||"Sex, Camels, and Deliveries"||July 23, 2001|
|4||142||"Falling Head over Heals"||July 30, 2001|
|5||143||"Hanging by a Line"||August 6, 2001|
|6||144||"One by the Wayside"||August 13, 2001|
|7||145||"Enter the Katie"||August 20, 2001|
|8||146||"Just Eat Cake"||September 3, 2001|
|9||147||"Up a Slick Pole"||September 10, 2001|
|10||148||"Swimming in the Dating Pool"||September 17, 2001|
|11||149||"Jumping with the Jones"||September 24, 2001|
|12||150||"Hanging by a Line"||October 1, 2001|
|13||151||"Pigeons and Quitters"||October 8, 2001|
|14||152||"Desert Dueling"||October 15, 2001|
|15||153||"Unfair Warfare"||October 22, 2001|
|16||154||"Sad Goodbyes"||October 29, 2001|
- On one of the first mission, Ellen had rocks thrown at her by residents of Marrakech. Adam tried to tell Ellen that it was because she was wearing shorts (considered revealing clothing in an Islamic country), which led Ellen to reveal that she had been raped and hadn't fully come to terms with it.
- Adam and Jisela got into a fight while staying at a hotel after a mission.
- Due to her fear of heights, Jisela froze during a rock-climbing mission in southern Spain, and the other contestants were forced to vote her off. Katie, who was an alternate from the season's casting special, replaced Jisela and joined the group in Spain.
- After Jisela was kicked off, Sophia made phone calls to Jisela using a pseudonym so the rest of the cast wouldn't know that she was still speaking to her.
- Katie excoriates Adam after she joins the cast, and Adam tries to force her to fall in line under his leadership.
- Adam and Ellen are in a rocky relationship throughout the entire season, which causes a few arguments between them.
- Hooley, Danny (16 August 2002). North Raleigh News. "Ruling the roads, for a good cause". The News & Observer. p. N6.
- Living. "'Road' tripper A Lafayette college student is Louisiana's latest 'reality' TV star". Times-Picayune. 9 July 2001. p. 01.
- Krishnamurthy, Madhu (15 July 2001). News. "Libertyville grad hits the road for MTV". Chicago Daily Herald. p. 4.
- Beck, John (26 August 2001). Local. "MTV Stars Bring Dose of Reality to SSU". The Press Democrat. p. B3.
- Davis, Pamela (8 July 2001). Floridian. "Rough road". St. Petersburg Times. p. 10F. Retrieved 16 November 2010.