From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up jive or jiving in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jive may refer to:
- Jive (talk) - African American urban slang popular from the 1940s to the 1970s.
- Jive (dance), a ballroom dance style from the 1940s
- A variety of related dances including Lindy Hop, Jitterbug, and Rock and Roll (dance)
- skip jive, a dance
- Hand jive, a kind of dance game from the 1950s
- Modern Jive or French Jive, a dance style from the 1980s
- Swing (dance)
- Swing music
- Jive Records, an American record label
- Jive Electro, a sublabel of the record label
- Jive Jones, an American pop singer and producer
- JIVE Magazine, an entertainment/technology/urban culture magazine
- Jive (publisher), a Japanese publishing company
- Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe, an astronomical institute
- African American Vernacular English, sometimes referred to as "Jive"
- Jive filter, an English-to-"Jive" automatic translation program
- jive (in Hinduism, variant spelling), permanent individual self; jivatman; atman-buddhi (spirit-soul)
- Jive Software, a software company selling enterprise social networking
- Jive (software), the main application produced by Jive Software
- JIVE, an annual cultural festival at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology in India
- Jive, form of sign language used in William Gibson's Neuromancer and Mona Lisa Overdrive
- A type of two wheeler from TVS Motor Company
- Obsolete slang for Marijuana, dating to at least 1930s
- jiva, the immortal essence of a living organism in Hinduism
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.