|Birth name||Joanne Dorothy Good|
|Born||15 January 1955|
|Show||The Afternoon Show|
|Station(s)||BBC London 94.9|
|Time slot||Mon - Fri; 3pm-5pm GMT/BST|
|Show||Saturday Breakfast with Joanne Good and Simon Lederman|
|Station(s)||BBC London 94.9|
|Time slot||7-10am GMT/BST|
|Website||Jo Good on Weekday's|
Joanne Dorothy Good (born 15 January 1955) is a British radio presenter, television presenter, broadcast journalist and actor.
As an actor, she is best known for her role as Carol Sands in the ITV soap Crossroads from 1982 to 1984. She played a schoolgirl in the 1978 cult British horror film Killer's Moon, and filmed an interview for the 2008 DVD release. On stage she has played the title role in Educating Rita, co-starring with Norman Bowler, and for several years in the 1990s worked as part of Derek Nimmo's touring company, performing all over the world. She played several parts in The Bill, most recently in 2008 and was an extra in the Sex and the City film.
Radio and TV presenter
Joanne started as a radio presenter on BBC Southern Counties Radio in Brighton and occasionally did reports for television programme BBC South Today. Joanne joined BBC London 94.9 in October 2003 as a the new host of the Overnight Show from 2:00 till 6:00 am. A couple of years later she was moved to the 10:00 pm till 2:00 am slot, known as The Late Show with Joanne Good.
Joanne replaced Danny Baker on the weekday breakfast Show in 2006 and continued to present it with various co-hosts such as Jono Coleman, Rowland Rivron, Baylen Leonard and Max Rushden and lastly with Paul Ross until January 2010 when she was replaced by Gaby Roslin and moved to the late night show once again, replacing her boyfriend at the time, Big George who was moved back to the 2:00−6:00 am Overnight slot, he occupied a year before.
In 2007 Good auditioned unsuccessfully for a role on Loose Women and in 2010 she was considered as a replacement for Christine Bleakley on The One Show, the BBC's live evening televised magazine show on BBC One.
In addition to her radio work, Good has also been featured in Sky One show 'A Different Breed' along with friend and fellow dog fanatic Anna Webb. The show showed Jo and Anna at dog events and featured extracts from her Late Night show and its 'Barking at the Moon' segment which was broadcast every Thursday night from 10–12 pm.
She presents regular reports for the BBC London current affairs television programme Inside Out, shown on BBC1 weekly whilst occasionally making reports for the South East edition.
JoAnne is also a regular columnist and magazine and newspaper writer.
Jo currently appears on The Alan Titchmarsh Show as a pet expert.
Good's family emigrated to Australia when she was four, and returned when she was twelve. She has an elder brother Nigel, who now lives in Amsterdam. Her mother Eileen was still working as a yoga teacher in 2009, aged 83.
She owns a British bulldog called Matilda.
Good has been critical of how women in radio, she says, continue to play subservient roles to men.
- England and Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1955, Registration district: Lewisham, Inferred County: London, Volume Number: 5d, Page Number: 42
- Joanne Good
- "10,000 Bullets » Killer’s Moon". 10kbullets.com. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Appearances". JoanneGood. 15 September 1981. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Calder, Simon (9 January 2010). "My Life In Travel: JoAnne Good, broadcaster and actress". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Robertson, Colin (24 June 2008). "Drama on Bill set as wanted teen is nicked". London: The Sun. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "JoAnne's BBC London 94.9 outside broadcast 23rd November 2007". Joannegood.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- BBC London 94.9 2010 schedule
- "London - Radio - Saturday Breakfast - 07.00 - 10.00". BBC. 14 February 2007. Archived from the original on 28 December 2007. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Food :: Julian Clary and Jo Good". Ok.co.uk. 27 November 2007. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Good, Joanne. "My yoga teacher is Mum ... and she's 83 years old". Daily Mail (London).
- England and Wales Marriage Index 1916–2005
- Good, Joanne (13 December 2010). Daily Mail (London) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1338073/Ive-spent-presents-pooch-partner-This-Christmas-Matildas-getting-skateboarding-lessons-tea-hotel-Not-bad-bulldog.html
|url=missing title (help).
- Anstead, Mark (14 September 2010). "I'm a grown up anorexic: BBC radio host JoAnne Good talks for the first time of her lifelong battle with the eating disorder". Daily Mail (London).
- Burchill, Julie (16 December 2000). "Thesps are sex workers". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Women 'forced to play sidekick to male hosts'". The Daily Telegraph (London). 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Personal homepage
- Jo Good at BBC Programmes
- Jo and Simon at BBC Programmes
- Biography from BBC Press Office
- JoAnne Good at the Internet Movie Database
- Crossroads Appreciation Society: JoAnne Good interview
- JoAnne Good on Killer's Moon