||It has been suggested that this article be split into a new article titled Nordic Games (video game publisher), accessible from a disambiguation page. (April 2013)|
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Fate||Publishing label of Nordic Games GmbH|
The Guild Series
Nordic Games Holding
|Parent||Nordic Games GmbH|
JoWooD Entertainment AG was an Austrian computer game publisher of video games, founded in 1995 by Andreas Tobler. In 2011 the company went into administration and was purchased by Nordic Games Holding. The JoWooD Entertainment brand is currently being used as a publishing label for Nordic Games GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordic Games Holding
Their games include the action roleplaying games in the Gothic series, the Spellforce series and the Industry Giant series of games. Other titles include Transport Giant, World War III: Black Gold, The Sting!, Hotel Giant, and other games of the Giants series. They also released Sam & Max and Neighbours from Hell. They also worked on AquaNox: Angel's Tears for the PlayStation 2.
JoWooD Productions Software AG was founded in 1995 by Andreas Tobler with its headquarters in Liezen, Austria. It operated three divisions; Pinnacle Interactive, JoWooD Studios and Digital Media Limited and owned five subsidiaries; DreamCatcher Interactive, JoWooD Distribution Services, JoWooD Deutschland, JoWooD Iberica and Quantic Lab.
In August 2005, JoWood attempted to end their development agreement with developer Perception Pty because of a lack of quality on their "Stargate SG-1" product. JoWood carried out this action believing they own the licence for the game Stargate SG-1: The Alliance, something disputed by Perception. On 4 November 4, 2006, JoWooD announced the acquisition of DreamCatcher Games, in efforts to move to the North American gaming markets. In October 2009 it was announced that JoWooD has changed its name from JoWooD Productions Software AG to JoWooD Entertainment AG. At the same time JoWood also announced an agreement has been established between them and Valve Corporation, to make future JoWooD titles available via Steam.
On 7 January 2011, JoWood officially filed for bankruptcy and announced that the company will prepare for "a procedure of capital reorganization". However on 21 April 2011, JoWood announced that, unable to negotiate with potential investors, they are officially facing bankruptcy proceedings and have withdrawn their application for a recapitalization plan. In June 2011, JoWooD Entertainment and 95% of its subsidiary, Quantic Lab, was acquired by Wingefors Invest. All activities of the two companies will be taken over by Game Outlet. On August 16, 2011 Nordic Games Holding announced that it had acquired JoWood, its products and brands and some of the companies subsidiaries, including The Adventure Company. Following the acquisition it was announced that JoWood and the The Adventure Company will become publishing labels for Nordic Games GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordic Games Holding.
In April 2013, Nordic Games acquired the remaining properties still owned by the bankrupt American video game publisher THQ as part of the company's liquidation, including the Darksiders, Red Faction, and MX vs. ATV franchises. Nordic plans to find new distribution channels for some of its newly-acquired properties, and is considering the third-party development of sequels.
Games published 
- A Vampire Tale (2012)
- Alan Wake (2012)
- Hard Truck 2 King of the Road (2002)
- AquaNox (2001)
- AquaNox 2: Revelation (2003)
- Archangel (2002)
- Arx Fatalis (2002)
- Chaser (2003)
- Cultures 2: The Gates of Asgard (2002)
- Dungeon Lords MMXII (2012)
- Gothic II (2002; Atari)
- Gothic 3 (2006)
- Gothic Universe - Collection Pack (2008)
- Arcania: Gothic 4 (2010)
- Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002 (2002)
- Freak Out: Extreme Freeride (2007)
- Neighbours from Hell (2003)
- Neighbours from Hell 2: On Vacation (2004)
- Rally Trophy (2001)
- Transport Giant (2004)
- Silent Storm (2003)
- SpellForce: The Order of Dawn (2003)
- Legend of Kay (2005)
- Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars (2006)
- Space Force: Rogue Universe (2007)
- Spellforce Universe - Collection Pack (2008)
- Painkiller: Overdose (2007)
- Painkiller Universe - Collection Pack (2008)
- Painkiller: Resurrection (2009)
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation (2012)
- Rochard (2012)
- The Guild 2 (2006)
- The Book of Unwritten Tales (2010)
- The Sting! (2001)
- Torchlight (2009)
- Yoga Wii (2009)
- The Golden Horde (2008)
- Söldner: Secret Wars (2004)
- Cold Zero: No Mercy (2003)
- Lethal Dreams: Circle of Fate (2003)
- K.Hawk: Survival Instincts (2003)
- Railroad Pioneer (2003)
Upcoming games 
- Deadfall Adventures (2013)
- The Raven (2013)
- Jowood Terminates Development Agreement with Perception - PC News at GameSpot
- IGN: Stargate SG-1 Not Cancelled After All?
- EuroAdHoc News - JoWooD to acquire Video Game Publisher DreamCatcher Inc.
- Filing for bankruptcy
- JoWood: Sanierungsverfahren gescheitert, Publisher ist am Ende
- "JoWooD & The Adventure Company, wholly owned labels of Nordic Games GmbH.". Nordic Games. Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "Nordic Games Holding AB Group Acquires JoWood & The Adventure Company". Nordic Games. 2011-08-16. Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "The future of Darksiders, Red Faction and THQ's other IP at Nordic Games". Polygon. Retrieved 23 April 2013.