Jo in her studio in 2010
Jo Budd (fl. 1980 -) is an English artist specialising in creating art from textiles. Trained as a Fine Artist her work could be described as Quilt Art, but frequently contains both collage and/or printing.
Josephine Budd was born in Norwich. She completed her Fine Art education in Newcastle University and began a career in teaching as well as practising her art. She is known for her art work using quilts, collage and printing.
Budd has tackled a number of commissions for notable companies and he work is in a number of collections including the Victoria and Albert Museum, Budd's use of landscape in her work led Edexcel to recommend her as an artist for British Art and Design GCSE students to study in 2010.
Budd lives near the Norfolk and Suffolk border with her partner, Brian Excell. She has one son.
- Winter/Male - Hanging - 320 x 179 cm
- Summer/Female - Sewn collage - 170 x 314 cm
- Jo Budd at Festival of Quilts, 2006, Celia Eddy, September 2006
- "Jo Budd". Samling Foundation. Archived from the original on 28 August 2008. Retrieved June 2010.
- Winter/Male and Summer/Female, Jo Budd, Victoria and Albert Museum, accessed June 2010
- Art & Design Exam paper, Edexcel, 2010, accessed June 2010