|Born||Joanne A. Frost
27 June 1971
London, England, UK
|Other names||Supernanny, JoJo|
|Occupation||Nanny, television personality|
|Years active||1989–present (nanny)
2004–present (TV personality)
Joanne "Jo" Frost (born 27 June 1971) is an English nanny and television personality. She was the central figure of the reality television program Supernanny. She has written three books on childcare and began her work experience in 1989.
While she has no children of her own, Frost has 22 years' experience in the field of childcare, working as a nanny in Britain and the United States, including work with families on the television series Supernanny, which is shown in 49 countries. Frost's books are Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children, Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know, and Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care. Her childcare approach focuses on maintaining consistent adult authority, while creating a safe and peaceful environment. She introduced parents to "the naughty step", a variation on the "time-out" method. She suggests solutions for behavioural issues such as adherence to bed time, meal time conduct, behaviour in public, sibling rivalry, and anger management.
In 2010, Frost presented a new show titled Jo Frost Extreme Parental Guidance on Channel 4. The British international format rights are distributed by DRG.
On 5 March 2010 Frost appeared on Alan Carr: Chatty Man, talking about her personal life.
In November 2010, after almost 9 years of helping other families, ABC announced the end of Supernanny in the USA. A new version, not featuring Jo Frost, is now on-air on Lifetime in the US.
In 2011 she worked on a second series of Jo Frost: Extreme Parental Guidance for Channel 4 in the UK. The first episode of the second series was aired on Channel 4 at 8 pm on 6 July 2011.
On Tuesday 28th May 2013, ‘Family SOS with Jo Frost’ will premiere on TLC, with a two hour episode, with 6 episodes total in the series.
- Supernanny (UK)(US) (2004–2011)
- Jo Frost: Extreme Parental Guidance (UK) (2010–2012)
- Family S.O.S. With Jo Frost (US) (2013–)
- The Independent, Jo Frost: Nanny state 8 September 2007. Accessed 23 May 2012.
- "Allmovie biography". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-08-20.
- Aitkenhead, Decca (2006-07-22). "'You've been very, very naughty'". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- Raeside, Julia; Robinson, John; O'Neill, Phelim; Hodgkinson, Will (2011-07-05). "The Guardian's TV Highlights — Jul 6th". London. Retrieved 2011-08-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jo Frost|
- Official website
- Biography of Jo Frost at ABC's website
- Jo Frost at the Internet Movie Database
- Supernanny: The official website of the TV show on ABC
- Supernanny: The official website of the TV show on Style Network