|Birth name||Joachim Garraud|
September 27, 1968 |
|Years active||1989 - present|
|Labels||Gum Prod, Prod public garden, Gum Records|
Joachim Garraud (born September 27, 1968, Nantes, France) is a French DJ, but he is also a remixer and producer. He is the producer of stars such as Geyster, Paul Johnson, Deep Dish, David Bowie, OMD, Kylie Minogue, Mylène Farmer, Cassius, Belamour, Kid Vicious, Saffron Hill and Culture Club.
Known for his many collaborations with other DJs and musicians such as David Guetta and Jean-Michel Jarre, he moderates a weekly radio show on Radio FG that plays a new mix (Zemixx) each week to its listeners before making it available on his Podcast. He is also the co-founder of various labels including Gum Prod, Prod public garden and Gum Records.
His mixes are a mixture of traditional DJ and then he remixes live directly onto CD. Certain sounds which he employs had never been heard in house music before.
Joachim is known for his energetic sets, using images to go with his sounds, as well as the keyboard, and for his setting in scene.
After having perfected his piano and percussion for seven years at the conservatory, he decided to move toward electronic music. He started as a DJ at The Boy, the Parisian club that first initiated the discovery of the techno phenomenon in France. He then successfully tried some music production with Maxximum radio station, number one national 100% dance radio station (CTL group). Becoming the pioneer of numerical music, he created his own recording studio in the middle of Paris, which allowed him to remix, compose or produce artists such as David Guetta, Jean-Michel Jarre, Paul Johnson, Deep Dish, David Bowie, OMD, Kylie Minogue, Mylène Farmer, Cassius, Cerrone, Moby, Robbie Rivera and many more.
Today, he is surrounded by a big community with the Space Invader mascot.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (June 2014)|
1989 > DJ at The Boy in Paris, and on Maxximum radio station.
1991 > First rave in Moscow, the Youri Gagarine Party, which brought 300,000 people together.
1993 à 1997 > Manchester Techno Festival, Berlin. DJ at The QUEEN (Paris).
1999 > DJ in front of an emormous TV audience of 2.4 billion viewers, on December 31, live from the Cairo pyramids. He also produced the sound for Jean-Michel Jarre's performance and album, "Metamorphoses".
2001 > Co-writer and co-producer of David Guetta's album, "Just a little more love": 200.000 copies sold in France, and also of the single "Love don't let me go", #1 of the top club tracks during 12 weeks, with 500.000 discs sold in France for that single.
2003 > Remixes for Kylie Minogue, OMD, Cassius, Cerroneand production the album Geyster (I love 1984), of the single "Money" by David Guetta and of the album "Guetta Blaster 2004".
2004 > Release of "People", a movie with over 1 hour of music co-composed and produced by Joachim Garraud. production of Jean-Michel Jarre's "AERO", first album mixed in 5/1. Release of "The World is Mine": Joachim Garraud co-wrote and produced this track with David Guetta. Beginning of the collaboration with Pioneer Japan for the development of new machines.
2005 > Creation of the "F*** Me I'm Famous records" label with David Guetta. remix of "Fuck them All", a single by Mylène Farmer. 10-day DJ Tour in China and Japan. release of "Summer Moon", in collaboration with Tim Deluxe, Bob Sinclar and David Guetta. remixes for Moby, Robbie Riviera, Culture Club, Cerrone, Eurythmics. double "Golden Disc" in France for the Guetta Blaster album, which sold over 200.000 copies.
2006 > Joachim Garraud and David Guetta were nominated at the Grammy Awards as composers of the best remix of the year. oachim Garraud's Zemixx and Live Video podcasts got ranked1rst and 2nd on the iTunes Music Store France Podcast Chart. he was the only French DJ who performed at the Love Parade in Berlin, in front of over 1 million people.
2007 > Joachim was the main host of the Technoparade in Paris, which broke the record of attendance. He was the only DJ to have his own float, which allowed him to invite Oliver Huntemann, Laidback Luke, Benni Benassi, Dj Sender and David Guetta. The forum Joachimgarraud.com is the most visited in the Electronic Music category, with 300.000 unique visitors per month. Signed his maxi, "Street's Sound", at Joia Records (Label of the Swedish House Mafia). on the 2007 Night Trophy, as Best French DJ. He was chosen as the Best Electro DJ of the year in October, at the Burn FG DJ Awards.
2008 > Zemixx, a 60 mins non stop mix, weekly radio show now available in English each week for free.
February : DJ Mag Party in Ukraine Biggest festival in France : Inox with Sven Vath, Ritchie Hawtins, Jeff Mills and many more Live at Stade de France with carl cox, tiesto, guetta, martin solveig (5 July 2008) 45,000 people.
> First Solo Album "Invasion" with the complete new process Launch of "CD on Demand" Each Lp is unique and delivered at home. For the first time, anybody can do his own design, artwork, and playlist.
Summer Tour : for the first Time a French DJ produced 11 shows outdoor only with a real audio video concert. This is the INVASION Show. 35 people are on this tour working everyday for this summer tour.
DJ Resident @Space Ibiza, Headliner for 11 nights, each Monday for Monday's Calling from June to September 2nd best entry into DJ mag Top 100, #27 October : Closing Party Space, Ibiza. November : Are U Ready, first Single, Number One Chart Club in France. The Box Invasion = 8CD audio+2DVD released at 2000 copies are sold in few days in France. Live@Virgin Megastore Paris, on the Champs Elysées. December : Remix for Federico Franchi, Dabruck and Klein, Roman Salzger, Laidback Luke.
2009 > January : Best French Producer and DJ 2008, Only For Dj's Magazine. First major tour on the American continent with shows in Toronto, Miami, Washington DC, NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc. Release of the Space Party compilation, Ze Beat Galactic (a CD mixed by Joachim with 2 CDs with exclusive mixes) The renowned English label Toolroom Knights puts its trust in Joachim and offers him the chance to select and mix his last compilation. An iPhone application by Joachim Garraud comes out giving fans all the news on Joachim right in their pockets. Fruitful collaborations take place with artists such as Eddie Thoneick, Steve Aoki, Felix Da Housecat, Tocadisco, Robbie Rivera, Basement Jaxx, Carl Cox A "Space Bus" brings Space Invaders to the Scoop club in Tours Joachim celebrates the 200th Zemixx at the Platinum Club in Rennes with Dabruck & Klein "Wrecking Ball" video is created by Fabien Dufils in the streets of New York The Technoparade gets dancing to his "DJ Hero INVDR2" float with Axwell, Steve Angello, Laidback Luke, Robbie Rivera, Dabruck & Klein, Michael Kaiser, Antoine Clamaran, Dirty South and Joachim Garraud Joachim takes part in the 25 year Aids campaign in the album "Message" The Inox Festival goes from Toulouse to Strasbourg, Joachim plays there along with DJ Ralph, Antoine Clamaran and Bob Sinclar Release of the second ClubFG - Zemixx compilation Release of the Space Box 2k10 which features 8 CDs, 2 DVDs, one tee shirt, one calendar, an 80 page book and a Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK2 to win.
2010 > M6 Music Club launch the "World DJ Tour by Joachim Garraud" and follow Joachim across the world at his shows Joachim is ranked 3rd best DJ in the FG World Top DJs rankings. Joachim takes part in a major Australian tour going through Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide... In Miami, Joachim sets the dancefloor alight with Mark Knight, Robbie Rivera, Laidback Luke, Bob Sinclar, Antoine Clamaran. Many competitions organized on the forum of JoachimGarraud.com which allow the winners to go home with an iPod Touch or to do Joachim's pre set warm up, all costs included at the Accapulco club in Corsica. Collaborations with Eric Carter, Gorillaz, Kaskade For M6 Music Club, Joachim takes us backstage during the world tour of Jean Michel Jarre.
On the 3 July, the Inox Park festival launches in Chatou, right next to Paris, from midday to midnight, and allows more than 5,000 people to see 12 hours of non stop DJs on 2 stages, like Sebastien Benett, D'Julz, Antoine Clamaran, Popof Live, Martin Solveig, Jeff Mills, Bob Sinclar, Loco Dice, Eric Prydz, Dubfire, Richie Hawtin and Joachim Garraud. This first edition is a huge success and big party. It is also the chance for Joachim to present his new show INVASION (already premiered in Australia) which combines music and video. For the first time, Joachim tours in Columbia. The Invasion show takes place in London's O2 as well as Brazil. Joachim takes home the prize of "Best DJ Performance" at the FG Awards in Monaco 2010 A competition on the forum allows Thomas to come to Joachim's studio to listen to his new album Invasion 2011 exclusively The year ends well with the announcement of the Invasion Box 2011, featuring the new album, a three-hour-long DVD, a pair of WESC headphones by Joachim Garraud, a mask, a tee shirt, stickers, a space torch, a calendar, USB key.
2011 > Joachim made the cover of DJmag Mexico, the specialized magazine in electronic music and DJs. He signed a partnership with Serato as part of its Live shows improvised thanks to the technology Scratch Live & Video SL.
We are the future, the first clip from the new abum of Joachim Garraud “Invasion 2011was shot over two nights (in Dijon and Paris) in which the Space Invaders were invited to come with panels representing the phrases of the chorus.
March 18, the Invasion 2011 marathon begins with the official party premiere of the album "Invasion 2011" at Queen in Paris, and then Marseille.
March 21 was held the official release of the new album by Joachim on any sales platforms. It contains 15 tracks including the singles "We Are the Future" and "Stop".
Joachim Garraud produced Perry Farrell, an icon in the United States. Musician, singer, actor and director, he is the founder of alternative rock bands like Jane's Addiction and Porno For Pyros. It is also the creator of the Lollapalooza festival.
An album containing 11 tracks was produced by Joachim Garraud. Halfway between Pet Shop Boys, Curiosity Killed the Cat and OMD, the album was released in 2011. The first live Perry Farrell’s show with tracks produced by Joachim took place on April 2 in Santiago de Chile during the Festival Lolapalooza.
The Invasion Box 2011, released in late December 2010, is already generating nearly 4000 sales in 15 countries since mid-March 2011.
Late March 2011, Joachim was on tour in Miami.
Then came a series of shows and interviews at the Ultra Music Festival followed by many others live shows as: DJ Mag Party @ Shelborne Pool, Juicy @ Nikki Beach, Radio FG Party.
Joachim participated in several festivals and played in front of tens of thousands of clubbers: United States, South America and Eastern Europe at prestigious festivals such as Lolapalooza in Chile and Chicago, Coachella in California, Exit Festival in Serbia or Electric Zoo Festival in New York. At his side, DJs such as Armin Van Buuren, Richie Hawtin, Skrillex, Loco Dice, Dirty South, Carl Cox, Steve Aoki, Deadmau5, Fedde Le Grand, or artists such as Portisheah and Jamiroquai.
On June 3, 2011, the number 300 of the weekly show Zemixx is programmed.
This huge party celebrated the 300th issue of the program Zemixx.
This party took place at the Parc des Expositions in Caen and was broadcast live on FG DJ Radio from midnight to 4 am.
In May 2011, as every year, the festival Inox was held at Toulouse and attracted thousands of clubbers from all over France.
New musical productions were released on June 2011.
For his new compilation "Ibiza 2011", the label Toolroom Records once again trusted Joachim Garraud including an exclusive song: "Dark Signal".
Both songs BANG BANG & EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE, sample tracks from Joachim Garraud Invasion 2011, were released at the same time. Many remixes of those two tracks were released too.
On September 10, 2011, Inox Park took place at Chatou, near Paris. This festival was held during 12h in the open air with a program of DJs such as Tiësto, Sven Vath, Axwell, Avicii, Steve Aoki, Joachim Garraud, Skrillex, Marco Carolla, Magda.
Invasion show 2011
Joachim took his Space Invaders-themed Invasion show around the world, taking in countries including Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ukraine, Japan, Australia and Indonesia.
- 2012 : Joachim Garraud & Alesia - Nox
- 2012 : Joachim Garraud & Alesia - Hook
- 2012 : Joachim Garraud featuring Ze - My Boyfriend Is A Robot
- 2010 : Sonic C & Digital Lab - Drunk Skunk (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2010 : Telex - Moscow Discow (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2010 : Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2010 : Joachim Garraud - Street's Sound (Joachim Garraud 2010 Edit)
- 2010 : Joachim Garraud - No Techno In This Room Please (Taurus & Vaggeli Remix)
- 2010 : Joachim Garraud - It's Only Love
- 2010 : Eric Carter - I Promised The Sun (Producteur) / (Made In Soucoupe Remix)
- 2010 : One Night Project - Stronger Than A Hurricane
- 2009 : Felix Da Housecat - We All Wanna Be Prince (Joachim Garraud Dub & Vocal Mix)
- 2009 : Steve Aoki - Deadmeat (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2009 : Joachim Garraud - No Techno In This Room Please
- 2009 : MSTRKRFT Feat. John Legend - Heartbreaker (Joachim Garraud Club Vocal Mix)
- 2009 : Robbie Rivera - Closer To The Sun (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2009 : Basement Jaxx - Feelings Gone (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2009 : Paganini Traxx - Zoe (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2009 : Joachim Garraud & CB Lyon - Wrecking Ball
- 2009 : Joachim Garraud & CB Lyon Feat. Margeau - The Answer
- 2009 : Eddie Thoneick Feat Michael Feiner - Don't Let Me Down (Joachim Garraud Mix)
- 2008 : Joachim Garraud Feat. Cocto - Moi Y'aime Bien Moa (2008 remix)
- 2007 : David Guetta - Love Is Gone (Joachim Garraud & Fred Rister remix)
- 2007 : Sharam - The One (Space Invaders remix de David Guetta & Joachim Garraud)
- 2006 : Nick In Time - Emergency (Joachim Garraud Remix)
- 2006 : Joachim Garraud - Acid Boy
- 2005 : Joachim Garraud & Julien Créance - Acid Beat
- 2005 : Alive – I was Alive
- 2005 : Ralph 'n' Jo - WhiteFloor / Backdraft
- 2005 : Shiny Grey - U Made A Promise
- 2005 : Tim Deluxe, Bob Sinclar, David Guetta, Joachim Garraud, Ben Onono – Summer Moon
- 2005 : Julien Creance - Heatwave
- 2005 : Anaklein - Lena (Fred Rister production)
- 2005 : Juliet - Avalon
- 2005 : Jan Franscisco & Joseph Armani - Infactuation
- 2005 : Mone - Danger
- 2004 : David Guetta feat JD Davis – The World is Mine
- 2004 : Joachim Garraud - Geisterbahn
- 2004 : Jean-Michel Jarre - Aero (album)
- 2004 : Geyster - John Clay
- 2004 : Muttonheads - Smashing Music
- 2004 : Deep Dish - Flashdance
- 2004 : David Guetta feat Chris Willis - Stay
- 2004 : Antoine Clamaran featuring Lulu Huges - Feel It
- 2004 : Joachim Garraud featuring Chynna - High Energy 2004
- 2004 : David Guetta - Guetta Blaster (Album)
- 2004 : Geyster - I love 1984 (Album)
- 2004 : David Guetta Feat Chris Willis - Money
- 2004 : Bob Sinclar - You Could Be My Lover
- 2003 : Geyster - It's About You
- 2003 : David Guetta Feat Chris Willis - Just A Little More Love 2003
- 2003 : Kid Vicious Versus Depeche Mode - Kid Vicious 003 (Bootleg Maxi)
- 2003 : Paul Johnson Feat Chyna - Doo Wap
- 2003 : Ricky Martin - Jaleo
- 2003 : Darren Hayes - Crush
- 2003 : Geyster - Bye Bye Superman
- 2003 : Saffron Hill / Tim Deluxe - Love Is Always There
- 2003 : OMD - Enola Gay 2003
- 2003 : David Guetta versus David Bowie - Just For One Day
- 2003 : David Guetta feat Barbara Tucker - Give Me Something
- 2003 : Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World
- 2003 : Kid Vicious Versus Bee Gees - Kid Vicious 002 (Bootleg Maxi)
- 2002 : Imagination - Flashback 2003
- 2002 : Jean-Michel Jarre - The Geometry Of Love (album)
- 2002 : Cerrone - Hysteria (album)
- 2002 : Kid Vicious Versus Madonna - Kid Vicious 001 (Bootleg Maxi)
- 2002 : David Guetta feat Chris Willis - People Come People Go
- 2002 : Cassius - The Sound Of Violence
- 2002 : Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
- 2002 : David Guetta - Just A Little More Love (Album)
- 2002 : Antoine Clamaran - Release Yourself
- 2002 : David Guetta feat Chris Willis - Love Don't Let Me Go
- 2001 : B.T.A - Batucada
- 2001 : Pet Shop Boys - Break 4 Luv
- 2001 : David Guetta Feat Chris Willis - Just A Little More Love
- Stewart, Adam (April 14, 2011). "Joachim Garraud Set To Bring Invasion 2011 To Coachella". MTV. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "iTunes - Podcasts - ZeMIXX by Joachim Garraud (Intl version) by Joachim Garraud". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "iCloud". Web.me.com. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- [dead link]
- Joachim Garraud's Official Website
- Joachim Garraud 2009 interview Laptoprockers
- (French) Long exclusive interview of Joachim Garraud with data from the beginnings to Inox Park