Joan Gardner (voice actor)
||This media article uses IMDb for verification. IMDb may not be a reliable source for film and television information and is generally only cited as an external link. (April 2014)|
|Born||Christine Joan Gardner
November 16, 1926
Gold Coast, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||December 10, 1992
Encino, California, U.S.
|Other names||Joan Janis|
|Spouse(s)||Edward Janis (?-1992) (her death)|
Joan Gardner (November 16, 1926 – December 10, 1992) was an American actress who was most active in voice over roles. She was also a screenwriter, songwriter, author and composer.
Apart from writing scripts and books, Gardner also worked as a music composer for films. However, she was most active as an actress for radio and television animated series.
She voiced Spunky in The Adventures of Spunky and Tadpole, Bonnie on the TV special Here Comes Peter Cottontail, played Josephine Bonaparte opposite Groucho Marx's Napoleon in the animated special The Mad, Mad, Mad Comedians and Zazu the Fairy Godmother on Pound Puppies.
She married producer Edward Janis, and wrote under the name Joan Janis.
- Pound Puppies (1986) - Zazu, the Fairy Dogmother
- Galtar and the Golden Lance (TV series) (1985) - Additional Voices (unknown episodes)
- Snorks (1984-1988) - Mrs. Wetworth
- The All-New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (1983-1984) - Additional voices
- The First Easter Rabbit (1976) (TV special) - Elizabeth/Calliope
- The Story of the First Christmas Snow (1975) (TV special) aka The First Christmas (USA: video title)
- Valley of the Dinosaurs (1974) - Gara
- The City That Forgot About Christmas (1974) (TV special)
- Kid Power (1972) TV series - Various Characters
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1971) (TV special) - Bonnie
- The Mad, Mad, Mad Comedians (1970) - Josephine Bonaparte (TV special)
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970) - Tanta Kringle
- The Beach Girls and the Monster (1965) (screenwriter)
- The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Additional voices (4 episodes, 1964)
- The Jetsons (1963) (TV series) - Gloria ("Dude Planet")
- Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962) (TV special) - Tiny Tim / Ghost of Christmas Past
- Gay Purr-ee (1962) - Provence lady
- The Dick Tracy Show - Additional voices (1961-1962)
- The Adventures of Spunky and Tadpole- Spunky (2 episodes, 1958-1961)
- "A Message to Marcia" (1958) TV episode - Spunky
- "The Frozen Planet" (1958) TV episode - Spunky
- Time for Beany (1949) (TV series) - Additional voices (credited as Joan Janis)
- "Joan Gardner; Voice-Over Artist". Los Angeles Times. December 18, 1992. Retrieved March 5, 2015.