|Directed by||Adriano Celentano|
|Produced by||Mario & Vittorio Cecchi Gori|
|Written by||Adriano Celentano|
|Music by||Adriano Celentano
|Edited by||Adriano Celentano|
Joan Lui (also known as Joan Lui - Ma un giorno nel paese arrivo io di lunedì) is a 1985 Italian musical-comedy film written, directed and starred by Adriano Celentano. It is the last of the four films written and directed by Celentano and it is also the last film starred by Claudia Mori.
The film was a box office bomb, grossing 7.3 billion lire at the Italian box office in spite of a budget of about 20 billion lire. The film was also the center of a dispute between the Mario and Vittorio Cecchi Gori and Celentano as the producers decided, after a month since the first release, to replace the original cut with another version, with a different editing and lasting 30 minutes less.
The film generally received bad reviews. Morando Morandini referred to it as "an enormous music video based on visual shock, jam-packed with music, with some monumental sets and elaborate editing. A true festival of kitsch also on an ideological level". According to Paolo Mereghetti the film, "a personal reading of Christianity in musicals", was "a personal delusion of omnipotence", "a mock-apocalyptic madness that is just able to list the worst clichés of indifference".
- Adriano Celentano: Joan Lui
- Claudia Mori: Tina Foster
- Marthe Keller: Judy Johnson
- Federica Moro: Emanuela Carboi
- Edwin Marian: Cap. Arthur
- Gian Fabio Bosco: Winston
- Mirko Setaro: Musico
- Rita Rusic: Singer into the temple
- Haruhiko Yamanouchi: Jarak
- Piero Nuti: Franky
- Edoardo Romano: Prime Minister
- Sal Borgese: Frank
- Gino Cogliandro: Bartender
- Francesco Salvi: Journalist
- Roberto Chiti, Roberto Poppi, Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 2000. ISBN 8877424230.
- Marco Giusti (1999). Dizionario dei film italiani stracult. Sperling & Kupfer. ISBN 8820029197.
- Laura Morandini, Luisa Morandini, Morando Morandini. Il Morandini. Zanichelli, 2000.
- Paolo Mereghetti. Il Mereghetti. B.C. Dalai Editore, 2010. ISBN 88-6073-626-9.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|