Marcus, originally from Pittsburgh, was educated at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. She has been active as a theatrical photographer in Washington, D.C. and New York City for most of her career. Starting in 1986, she has been a photographer on Broadway theatre productions, covering over a hundred shows including Wicked, The Lion King, SisterAct, and The Book of Mormon. She is considered to be "one of the preeminent Broadway photographers."
- Joan Marcus at the Internet Broadway Database.
- Greer, Ann (December 1991). "People: Marcus's job is more than shooting stars". American Theatre.
- "Pictures from "Wicked" A New Musical". Beyond the Rainbow to Oz. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- Rothstein, Mervyn (19 May 2006). "A Life in the Theatre: Photographer Joan Marcus". Playbill. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- Adrian Bryan-Brown at the Internet Broadway Database.
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|