|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 52nd district
|Preceded by||Eileen Dugan|
April 20, 1940 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
|Alma mater||Brooklyn College
Long Island University
Joan Millman (born April 20, 1940) represents District 52 in the New York State Assembly, which consists of the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, Carroll Gardens, Vinegar Hill, Gowanus, DUMBO, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights and Prospect Heights.
Chosen in a special election held in 1997, Millman currently serves as the Chairwoman of the Assembly Commission on Government Administration and the Assembly Task Force on Women's Issues, as well as sitting on the Assembly committees on Aging, Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, Corporations, among several other standing committee assignments.
Prior to her election to the Assembly, from 1985 to 1996, Millman served as an educational consultant in several capacities, including as a consultant to former NY City Council President Carol Bellamy and Senator Martin Connor, as well as facilitator for Comprehensive School Development and Planning. She was also a member of the Citywide Advisory Committee on Middle School Initiatives from 1995 to 1996.
- Assemblywoman Joan Millman (D) Official NYS Assembly member website.
- Re: Atlantic Yards Arena and Redevelopment Project Draft Scope of Analysis Testimony before the Empire State Development Corporation.
- Biography: New York State Democratic Committee
- The Daily Gotham, Help Support a Bill that will Protect NYC Children
- Millman's response to the 2008 Candidate Questionnaire for State Senate and Assembly from the 504 Democratic Club of New York City
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 52nd District