June 1, 1975
Ampil has performed in several West End musicals, including Miss Saigon, Jesus Christ Superstar and Avenue Q, and she played the role of Fantine in Les Misérables in London until 21 June 2008. She was also invited by Sir Cameron Mackintosh to perform the role of Kim in the Australian premiere in Sydney of Miss Saigon, and in 2011 she performed the main role as Thanh in the showcase performance of the new musical The Real Love.
Ampil is also heard on several West End cast recordings, for example the Jesus Christ Superstar (1996 London Cast) recording as Mary Magdalene and on the Miss Saigon: Complete Symphonic Recording as Kim.
Ampil has released two solo albums, and all the proceeds of these albums are donated to the Sun and Moon Home for Children in Manila, initiated by Miss Saigon composer Claude-Michel Schonberg. Her first album, Joanna Ampil was recorded in Abbey Road Studios in London and her second, Try Love, in the Philippines.
She was also a stage play actress for "The Sound of Music" in Newport Performing Arts Theater in Resorts World Manila as Maria from 2011-2012.
- Miss Saigon - Kim (1993–1995)
- Jesus Christ Superstar - Mary Magdalene (1996–1998)
- Les Misérables - Éponine (2000–2001)
- Miss Saigon* - Kim (2001–2002)
- Les Misérables - Fantine (2003–2005)
- Hair - Shelia Franklin (2005)
- Rent* - Mimi (2006)
- Les Misérables - Fantine (2007–2008)
- West Side Story - Maria (2008)
- Avenue Q - Christmas Eve (2008–2009)
- One True Love - The Last Time I Felt Like This (2008)
- The Sound of Music - Maria Rainer (2011-2012)
- Cats* - Grizabella (2013-2014)
- West End Women (concert) - Herself (2014 UK tour)
- * shows that toured
- Joanna Ampil (2007)
- Try Love (2010; Sony Music)
- Joanna Ampil (2014)
- I'm Caught Between Goodbye and I Love You
- Words Get In The Way
- I Only Live To Love You
- Maghihintay Sa Iyo
- Hanggang Saan