Miles and Larry Keith on All My Children, 1972
March 6, 1940 |
Joanna Miles (born March 6, 1940) is an American actress.
Miles was born in Nice, France, the daughter of Jeanne Miles, an American painter, and Johannes Schiefer, a French painter art curator. She immigrated to the United States, and was naturalized a citizen, in 1941. She was a graduate of The Putney School, a progressive independent high school in Putney, Vermont in 1958.
Miles won the two Emmy Awards for her portrayal of Laura Wingfield in the 1973 production of Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie: Best Supporting Actress in Drama (for a Special - Program, a One-Time Appearance in a Series - or a Continuing Role) and Supporting Actress of the Year.
She has also played supporting roles in various television shows and movies, including Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, (1990) and Star Trek: The Next Generation. She is known to Star Trek fans as Perrin, Sarek's wife, from the episodes Sarek and Unification. In 2001, she had a secondary role as the wife of a storekeeper in Tom Selleck's Turner Network Television Western film, Crossfire Trail. Joanna was also in an episode of The Incredible Hulk entitled "The Quiet Room".
- "Joanna Miles Biography (1940-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- "Johannes Schiefer, 83; Painter and L.I. Curator - Free Preview - The New York Times". Select.nytimes.com. 1979-10-30. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Cotter, Holland (1999-09-03). "Jeanne Miles, 90, Abstract Artist Inspired by Asian Art and Ideas - The". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Joanna Miles at the Internet Movie Database
- Joanna Miles at the University of Wisconsin's Actors Studio audio collection
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|