Joannou & Paraskevaides
|Area served||Middle East, Africa, Europe|
|Key people||Efthyvoulos G. Paraskevaides|
|Products||George Paraskevaides & Stelios Ioannou|
|Revenue||US$ 534 million (2011)|
Joannou & Paraskevaides is a Cyprus based international building, civil and electromechanical engineering contractor with a strong involvement in the energy (oil and gas) and industrial sectors with five decades of experience operating in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and Asia.
North Africa and the Middle East
Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Limited (“J&P(O) Ltd”) was established in 1961 in Guernsey, Channel Islands. J&P(O) Ltd completed its first overseas projects in Libya in the 1960s. J&P(O) Ltd then took its next major step and expanded into the Persian Gulf in the 1970s. During the subsequent decades, J&P(O) Ltd played a leading role in the Persian Gulf’s construction boom completing highways in all types of terrain, tunnels, bridges and flyovers, airports, housing schemes, palaces, luxury hotels, hospitals, universities, commercial buildings, sports and conference centers and complex military projects. 
Oil & Gas and Energy Specialization
During the 1980s, J&P(O) Ltd participated in oil & gas and power projects. J&P Energy and Industrial Projects SA was established to provide specialized services for bidding, design, procurement and project support services for oil and gas, energy and industrial projects.
J&P(O) Ltd entered the Greek market in 1979 and quickly completed several projects. Through several strategic mergers and acquisitions of local contractors, J&P(O) Ltd’s presence in Greece continues through J&P-Avax SA which is listed on the Athens stock exchange. Today J&P-Avax SA is Greece's second largest construction group, and is expanding into neighboring Balkan states, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Electrical and Mechanical Expertise Acquired
On 1 January 2006, J&P(O) Ltd wholly acquired two specialist electrical and mechanical contractors A&P Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd and Conspel Construction Specialists (Isle of Man) Ltd.  region, a highly skilled workforce and an excellent client portfolio. Their acquisition allows J&P(O) Ltd to supplement its current activities and expand its construction capability and expertise.
Notable completed projects
J&P(O)Ltd's most notable completed projects include:
- the Seeb International Airport in Muscat, Oman which was completed in 1976. It is the main airport in Oman and the hub for the national carrier Oman Air.
- the King Fahd International Airport in Dammam, Saudi Arabia which was completed in 1993. It is located 15 kilometers (about 10 miles) northwest of Dammam, Saudi Arabia. It is the largest airport in the world in terms of land area (780 km²), thus making it larger than the nearby country of Bahrain.
- the Abu Dhabi International Airport in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. finished in 1981. It is the second largest airport in the U.A.E.
- the Rio-Antirio bridge in Greece completed in 2004. It is a cable-stayed bridge crossing the Gulf of Corinth near Patras, linking the town of Rio on the Peloponnese to Antirrio on mainland Greece.
Notable current projects
J&P(O) Ltd's most notable current projects include:
- the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, Jordan to be completed in 2011. The EPC (contract) for the Rehabilitation, Expansion and Operation of Queen Alia International Airport is shared between J&P(O) Ltd and J&P-AVAX SA. Works will increase the initial capacity of the airport to 9 million passengers annually and give the ability to expand to 12 million passengers annually. Also, the expansion of the airport will allow it to handle the Airbus A380.
- Two contracts for The Pearl-Qatar artificial island, in Doha, Qatar: The Roads and Infrastructure Project for the Island to be completed during 2010, and the Design and Construction of Qanat Quartier Precinct and the Construction of 31 Villas in La Plage and Bahriya Precincts to be completed during 2011.
- Construction of the main works contract for seven maintenance hangars (A to G) along with all required facilities (workshops, power plant, stores, car parks, administration building, mosque and all services) over an area of 565,000 m2 at Dubai International Airport.
Additionally two further contracts were executed, one for the design, construction, supply, installation and commissioning of civil and landscaping works (both airside and landside) and the second for all works associated with the construction and commissioning of an additional hangar 'Hangar H'. Client: Emirates Airlines Consultant: ADPI Contract Value: USD 457 million Status: Completed 2010
- Construction of a passenger terminal complex with a 6.5 million passenger per year and comprising terminal building (covered area 71,000m²), taxiways and interconnections (3,200m x 23m), aprons (150,000m²), car park and road works, including all electromechanical installations and external works and services.
Client: Civil Aviation Authority Consultant: NESPAK Contract Value: USD 200 million Joint Venture: J&P (O) Ltd 65% - Airsys ATM 35% Status: Completed 2002\
- Demolition of existing interchange (2 bridges) and reconstruction of the new interchange (7 bridges) at Al Safa area on Sheikh Zayed road. The interchanges consists of two loops, two directional links in addition to four right turn ramps, re-configuration of internal roads and parking areas within the interchange limits. Also construction of road signage, landscaping, street lighting and all associated services.
Client: Dubai Municipality Consultant: De Leuw Cather Contract Value: USD 15 million Status: Completed 2002
Global International Contractor Rank
Both founders and their families have been involved in charity  as well as donations to the arts and education. The Paraskevaidio Surgical & Transplant Foundation in Nicosia, and the Christos Stelios Joannou Foundation (for the mentally handicapped adults) are health centers set up by the two families.
- History - North Africa and the Middle East http://www.jandp-group.com/default.asp?id=11&mid=1
- History - Oil & Gas and Energy Specialization http://www.jandp-group.com/default.asp?id=11&mid=1
- History - Greece http://www.jandp-group.com/default.asp?id=11&mid=1
- Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf http://www.gccsg.org/eng/index.php
- History - Electrical and Mechanical Expertise Acquired http://www.jandp-group.com/default.asp?id=11&mid=1
- Al Bustan Palace http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/overview/muscat-albustanpalace
- The Pearl Qatar http://www.thepearlqatar.com/main.aspx
- "George E. Paraskevaides: Excellence in Business, Philanthropy and Patriotism". Greek News. March 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- Ioannou, Ellie (25 April 2007). "Speech by Mrs Ellie Ioannou at the Opening of the Stelios Ioannou School for Research in Classical and Byzantine Studies". University of Oxford. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- "New centre boosts classical studies". Oxford Mail (Newsquest Media Group). 26 April 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- "Christos Steliou Joannou Foundation". Retrieved 2007-05-03.