||This article has no lead section. (January 2013)|
1962 (age 51–52)
Joaquín Cosío (born 1962) is a Mexican actor.
Cosío's training as an actor began in 1983 and has continued growing and developing ever since. In 1994, Cosío wrote his first stage play, titled Tomochic: Or the day the world ended, which was awarded the National Literature Prize.
Performing in over 50 plays and over 600 live performances, his stage career reached a new milestone in 1999 when he was hand selected to join the National Theater Company. This led Cosío to make the decision to move to Mexico City permanently and focus on becoming a full-time actor. He has been working non-stop ever since as one of Mexico's most respected actors of stage and screen. He made his film debut in 2001 in the film The Blue Room and he has since participated in over 30 feature films and several shorts.
Cosío played a multi-episode role in the HBO comedy Eastbound & Down. He played General Medrano, one of the main villains in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace, and acted alongside Benicio del Toro in Oliver Stone's gritty thriller, Savages. Cosío appeared in Robert Duvall's A Night in Old Mexico, and in Disney's 2013 film The Lone Ranger, starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.
He has been nominated for the Mexican Academy of Film Awards, the Arieles, three times: in 2005 for his portrayal of the lovable and ruthless "Mascarita" in the Mexican box office hit Matando Cabos, in 2011 for his work in the film El Infierno for which he won his first Ariel and also the National Board of Cinema's award for Best Actor. His most recent Ariel nomination was in 2012 for his work in Pastorela.
In 2012, he became the first Mexican recipient of the MGM My Favorite Award, which was created to honor international motion picture artists and with the purpose to ensure that great accomplishments from the international film-making industry professionals are recognized.
- The Lone Ranger (2013) .... Jesus
- A Night in Old Mexico (2013) .... Cholo
- Bless Me, Ultima (2013) .... Narciso
- Savages (2012) .... El Azul
- A Better Life (2011) .... Blasco Martinez
- Pastorela (2011) .... Agent Jesus Juarez
- El Infierno (2010) ...... El Cochiloco
- Segurança Nacional (2010) ...... Hector Gasca
- Salvando al soldado Pérez (2008) .... Rosalio
- El viaje de Teo (2008) .... Manlio
- Arráncame la vida (2008) .... Juan
- Quantum of Solace (2008) .... General Medrano
- Violonchelo (2008) .... Agente
- Segurança Nacional (2007) .... Héctor Gasca
- La verdadera pasión (2007)
- La sangre iluminada (2007) .... Isaías
- Efectos secundarios (2006) .... Conductor
- Un Mundo Maravilloso (2006) .... Vagabundo
- El otro José (2005)
- La afición somos todos (2004) .... Apostador
- Hugoool (2004) .... El Comandante
- Matando Cabos (2004) .... Rubén "Mascarita"
- Sin ton ni Sonia (2003) .... Coronel Astorga
- Una de dos (2002) .... Tío Luis
- Mentir para vivir (2013) ... Joaquín Barragán
- Eastbound & Down (2011) .... Hector
- Sexo y otros secretos (2007) .... Vicente
- Los Plateados (2005) .... Kamal Bashur
- Ted (2012) .... Ted (Mexico/Latin American dub)
- El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza (2012) .... El Jefe
- Rango (2011) .... Rattlesnake Jake (Mexico/Latin American dub)
- Quantum of Solace (2008) .... General Medrano (Mexico/Latin American dub)
- "Actor Méxicano se dobla a si mismo" [Mexican Actor dubs himself]. El Blog de Velez y Huerta (in Spanish). 29 September 2008. Retrieved 20 September 2013.