|Industry||Job search engine|
|Headquarters||Phoenix, AZ, USA|
|Aaron Matos, [CEO & Founder]|
Jobing.com is an employment website focusing on local recruiting in 18 U.S. cities. It is a three time 500 Inc. 500 "Fastest Growing Company," making the list consecutively in 2005-2007. The company is privately held and employee-owned.
Jobing.com's marketing strategies combine traditional media (broadcast, print, and online) and some non-traditional strategies. The most obvious being “Jobing Mobiles", participating employee vehicles are wrapped in a removable 3M vinyl wrapper in exchange for a monthly car allowance and coverage of fuel costs.
The Company also acquired the naming rights to one of the largest venues in the Phoenix area. Jobing.com Arena is the home of the National Hockey League’s (NHL) Phoenix Coyotes. In 2014, Jobing.com lost rights to the arena and renamed Gila River Arena. The team also renamed to Arizona Coyotes.
The organizational culture has been acknowledged with awards, including the Best Places to Work Institute's "Best Companies to Work For" in 2004 and 2006. Jobing.com provides 100 hours of leadership development training for every employee, provides low, open work areas and offers a variety of extra benefits to employees, including free soda and freshly brewed Starbucks in the break-room for markets who reach 100,000k in revenue. Employees are also encouraged to pursue their education; in 2005 Jobing.com implemented a tuition assistance program for employees at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Nearly one-third of Jobing.com employees are pursuing a degree under the program.
Products and services
Jobing.com's portfolio of products and services includes:
- www.jobing.com: a regional job board that focuses on local recruiting in 18 U.S. markets
- Career Expo: job fairs designed to connect employers face-to-face with local job seekers.
- JobingVideo: professionally produced online videos
- Jobing.com CareerCenter: private label Web portal that incorporates media solutions such as job postings, applicant tracking, videos, blogs, and employer branding profiles
- Go Jobing Magazine, a quarterly magazine focusing on recruitment and employment issues
The concept of an online "employment community" with a specific focus on local recruiting was the vision of Jobing.com founder Aaron Matos. At the time, Aaron was the director of human resources for a regional publishing/media company in Arizona. With many years of experience in the human resources profession, he was well aware of the fact that the success of an organization was directly dependent on hiring great people. From his experience, he also knew that recruiting local talent quickly and cost efficiently was a daunting task. In early 2000, the website was launched in Phoenix, Arizona and has grown by focusing on servicing local markets and aggressively marketing its services. The company expanded to serve Tucson, Arizona that same year.
- Feb 2003: CareersColorado.com
- April 2003: Colorado Career & Job Expo
- July 2004: Rhinomite
- April 2005: JobSummit
- May 2005: California Online Job Network
- July 2005: ColoradoJobs.com
- Jan 2006: Employocity
- May 2007: LocalCareers.com Network
- August 2007: CanJobs.com
- October 2010:Recruiting.com
- "Jobing.com - Human Resources, inc5000 Article - Inc. Article". INC.com. 2011-06-06. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Locations | About Jobing.com". Phoenix.jobing.com. 2009-12-26. Archived from the original on 2009-12-26. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Your Ad Here, on My S.U.V.? And You’ll Pay? - New York Times
- "The Jobing.com Arena - Press Releases". Jobingarena.com. 2008-01-02. Archived from the original on 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Overview: Awards | About Jobing.com". Phoenix.jobing.com. 2009-01-17. Archived from the original on 2009-01-17. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Starbucks, other perks keep Jobing.com employees happy - Phoenix Business Journal". Phoenix.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Phoenix Jobs - Search jobs in Phoenix, Arizona from Jobing.com - Press Room". Phoenix.jobing.com. 2007-08-19. Archived from the original on 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Jobing.com - Thank You for Visiting Jobing.com[dead link]
- "Phoenix Jobs - Search jobs in Phoenix, Arizona from Jobing.com - Overview: Acquisition History". Phoenix.jobing.com. 2007-12-24. Archived from the original on 2007-12-24. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Jobing.com acquires Canadian job-search network - Phoenix Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Recruiting.com finds a buyer