|Slogan||Ask people anything about their jobs|
|Type of site||Question-and-answer|
Jobstr is a job-related question-and-answer website founded in 2011, where users can host interactive Q&A's about their current or former profession. Jobstr features an "ask me anything" format, popularized by Reddit and Formspring, which deviates from the more traditional Q&A format employed by sites including Yahoo! Answers and Quora where any user may submit an answer to a question, after which other users can vote to indicate their favorite of all answers submitted. In an "ask me anything" format, conversely, any user may submit a question, but only the designated host of a Q&A may answer, typically resulting in more authoritative content. There are no fees to ask a question of a practitioner nor to host a Q&A, and users may participate anonymously after their qualifications have been approved by site moderators. Jobstr has been featured in the New York Post and on the BBC Outriders podcast, and several Jobstr Q&A's have been profiled in Business Insider. Jobstr has been profiled in online career exploration guides, and several U.S. universities have included Jobstr as a suggested career development resource for their students.
- Donnelly, Tim (19 August 2012). "Profession Confessions". New York Post. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Outriders: 09 Oct 12: You, Online". Outriders. BBC Radio. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Lutz, Ashley. "Chef at Fancy Restaurant Reveals the Gross Stuff That Happens in Kitchens". Business Insider. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Lopez, Linette. "Four Crazy Wall Street Party Stories From A Former Banker Relieved To Be Off The Street". Business Insider. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Lutz, Ashley. "Hollywood Nightclub Promoter Explains How To Get Into the Hottest Clubs". Business Insider. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Dahl, Sima. "Career Explorers Ask Anything on Jobstr.com". Market My Career. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Research Occupations". College of William & Mary. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Research Careers, Industries and Jobs". Manhattanville College. Retrieved 10 April 2013.