|Full name||Jodie Broughton|
9 January 1988 |
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (13 st 8 lb) |
|As of 18 May 2014|
|Source: RLP, Huddersfield Giants Profile|
Jodie Broughton (born 9 January 1988) is a rugby league player for Huddersfield in the European Super League. He plays as a centre or wing. He is the half-brother of former Leeds teammate Jamie Jones-Buchanan and is considered by many to be the fastest player in the competition. In 2011, Broughton was named Fastest Man in Super League.
Born in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, Broughton began playing Rugby League for local sides Milford and Queens and was also selected to represent the Leeds Service Area. He has won a number of competitions including the Leeds and District Cup, Yorkshire Cup, National Cup, West Riding Cup and the Yorkshire combination league/cup.
On 20 June 2008 Broughton signed for Hull on a months loan. He made his club and Super League debut two days later at Odsal in a 36-22 defeat to Bradford. A week later he scored his first Super League try in a 24-22 loss to Warrington. He went on to make a total of 5 appearance for the "Airlie Birds" over the season.
Following his return to Leeds, Broughton was again the subject of a loan move to Hull when he signed for a second stint on 16 April 2009. He scored a brace of tries in Hull's 37-22 defeat to Wakefield Trinity on 13 June 2009.
He joined Salford for 2010 and has since seen his career flourish at the Greater Manchester club establishing himself in the Reds' first team and being drafted into the England training squad.
(For 2014 Super League season highlights, stats and results click on 2014 Super League season results)
Broughton is unusual in that he also holds a part-time job with Wates Construction, as a trainee quantity surveyor based on a building site in Doncaster and is also studying part-time for a degree at the University of Salford.
- "Salford City Reds Official club website". web page. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Jodie Broughton Becomes Rugby League's Fastest Man". http://www.reds.co.uk. salford city reds rugby club. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Broughtons Academy Record". Leeds Rhinos. 12 October 2007. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Hull Sign Broughton on Loan". hullfc.com. 20 June 2008. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Bulls Down Hull". hullfc.com. 23 June 2008. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Hicks Denies Hull". hullfc.com. 29 June 2008. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Hull Sign Broughton Again". hullfc.com. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Wakefield Beat Hull". BBC Sport. 13 June 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- Leeds Rhinos profile
- Broughton brought in
- Leeds Rhinos: Loanee Jodie's out to impress
- Stats → PastPlayers → B at hullfc.com
- Statistics at hullfc.com