25 September 1978 |
Guildford, Surrey, England
Jodie is the granddaughter from Hon. Janet Gladys Aitken's (1908–1988) third marriage (1942) to Major Thomas Dealtry Kidd. Jodie's mother, Wendy Madeleine Kidd (née Hodge), runs the Holders Festival on Barbados. Jodie's father is British businessman and former showjumper John Edward Aitken Kidd, a maternal grandson of the first Lord Beaverbrook.
Jodie has an elder sister, Jemma Kidd (b. 1974), who married Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro, son of the current Duke of Wellington, in June 2005. She has a brother, polo player Jack Kidd (b. 1973), who is married and has several children. She has a half brother, entrepreneur Nick D'arcy Whiting (b. 1962) who is married to former model Sandy Whiting (née Lanthois) and has two sons, Oliver D'arcy Elvis (b. 1992) and Michael Ayrton Clifford (b. 1994). She has a half sister, Debbie Parris (b. 1964), who has two daughters, Astral and Amber, and resides in Barbados.
Producer of the new musical Yarico to be performed at The London Theatre Workshop Feb to March 2015 http://londontheatreworkshop.co.uk/yarico/
Kidd was 15 when she was discovered by photographer Terry O'Neil on a beach in Barbados. Her modelling career began when he introduced her to model agent Laraine Ashton. When Kidd began modelling at 16 there was an uproar – accusations were made that promotion of her slender figure encouraged teenage girls to become anorexic when they tried to mimic her looks. Her skeletal figure led to accusations, because she is tall 188 cm (6'2") and at the time her weight was 48 kg (105 lbs).
Kidd modelled with the leading models from Capellino, Chanel, Ernesto Esposito, Fendissime, Gai Mattiolo, Ghost, Lagerfeld, Malhas, Monsoon, and Motorola and also featured in campaigns for Chloé 'Innocence' perfume and Yves Saint Laurent. She also appeared on the cover of Elle magazine in Australia, Italy, Portugal, Singapore, Sweden and the United States.
During an eight-month break in modelling, Kidd increased weight to become a size eight dress size. 
Kidd's career as a television personality has included participation on Strictly Come Dancing 2008, in which she partnered with professional dancer Ian Waite; they finished in sixth place, and Kidd left the show in a "dance-off" against former model and television presenter Lisa Snowdon. In 2014, Kidd was a finalist in the BBC's annual cookery programme Celebrity Masterchef; she lost the championship to actor Sophie Thompson. In 2015 she appeared in series 2 of The Jump.
Following a year-long romance and engagement, Kidd married Internet entrepreneur Aidan Butler on 10 September 2005 at St. Peter's Church, Twineham, West Sussex. The couple split up after 18 months of marriage.
In March 2011, Kidd announced she was pregnant with her first child, due in August 2011 with boyfriend Andrea Vianini, an Argentinian polo player. She gave birth to a boy on 5 September 2011, whom they named Indio Vianini Kidd. Kidd and Vianini split in the summer of 2013. Jodie married David Blakeley, a former soldier and author in August 2014. The couple split in January 2015, after four months of marriage.
|2003||Top Gear||Star in a Reasonably Priced Car||Lap time: 1 min 48 seconds (Series 2, episode 8).|
|2006||Gumball 3000: Drivin' Me Crazy|
|2008||Who Do You Think You Are?||Appears as herself to trace her family tree.|
|2008||Clarkson: Thriller||Appears as herself to race Jeremy Clarkson in a Fiat 500.|
|2010||Countryfile||Presenter in December 2010.|
|2011||Top Gear||Guest in race – Top Gear UK versus Top Gear Australia – for the Ashes.|
|2013||Celebrity Antiques Road Trip||Competitor, against James Martin.||Series 3, Episode 14|
|2015||The Classic Car Show||Presenter with Quentin Willson|
|2015||The Jump||Contestant.||Eliminated, 3 February 2015.|
- "Jodie Kidd". Fashion Model Directory. 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Why are they famous? Jodie Kidd". The Independent (UK: findarticles.com). 25 October 1998.[dead link]
- Carter, Melanie (6 December 2004). "Supermodel Jodie Kidd Wins Her First Ever Motor Race". carpages.co.uk. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "BBC Sport: Golf: Winter warriors". BBC News (London: BBC). 14 January 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Stadlen, Matthew (25 September 2014). "Ryder Cup ambassador Jodie Kidd: 'I could have been a professional golfer'". The Daily Telegraph (London: TMG). ISSN 0307-1235. OCLC 49632006. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Jodie's marriage falls apart". Metro News. 23 April 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "'Excited' Jodie Kidd expecting first baby". Hello!. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Exclusive: Jodie Kidd happy to announce the birth of her first child". Hello!. 5 September 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Gusmaroli, Danielle (14 April 2014). "Jodie Kidd is engaged to ex-soldier David Blakeley". Daily Mail Online. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Thistlethwaite, Felicity (30 January 2015). "Jodie Kidd and David Blakeley split after four months of marriage". Daily Express. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Who Do You Think You Are? - Jodie Kidd". BBC One. 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Celebrity Antiques Road Trip: Series 3, Number 14. James Martin and Jodie Kidd". Radio Times. 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- McGeorge, Alistair (3 February 2015). "The Jump 2015: Louie Spence and Jodie Kidd eliminated as Louise Hazel gets highest leap". Daily Mirror (London: Trinity Mirror). ISSN 9975-9950. OCLC 223228477. Retrieved 9 February 2015.